Let The Games Begin {12}

***Jakey’s POV***

                “Excuse me, can I try this shirt on?” a girl asked, coming up to me with a shirt in her hands.

                I smiled at her and nodded, motioning at her to follow me. I took her to the back of the store and unlocked a room for her to change in.

                “Thank you,” she said.

                “You’re welcome!” I said as she slipped into the room and shut the door.

                I bounced back out to the store, looking around. It was fairly busy today, and I liked that. It was keeping my mind off of last night’s nightmare.

                It had been an awkward day in school today. My screaming had probably scared Cameron. He had mostly stuck to talking to Seth.

                I leaned against the counter and let out a slight sigh. I didn’t want to leave work, but it was almost closing time.

                “Slacking off on the job?”

                I jumped and spun to face Skylar and Cameron. Skylar raised an eyebrow at me and I smiled sheepishly.

                “No! Just making sure the…uh…counter’s sturdy. Yea, that’s all,” I said casually, patting the counter.

                Skylar moved to me and we shared a kiss. He dug around in his pocket before producing a slightly crushed granola bar. He held it out to me.

                “Here. You didn’t eat anything before you left for work. I figured you would be hungry,” he said.

                I smiled at him softly, loving him. I took it and put it in my pocket before moving behind the counter to check out the girl who had asked for the changing room.

                “After Seth and I get off our shift, we should all go out to dinner,” I said to Skylar, beginning to scan the price of the girl’s stuff.

                “I take it you’re hungry?” Cameron said, raising an eyebrow at me.

                Glad he wasn’t too afraid to talk to me, I nodded and sighed. My stomach growled loudly, as if to prove a point.

                “That will be $27.62,” I said to the girl, putting her stuff in a bag.

                “I was thinking we could get dinner and catch a movie. Seth and Cameron can drag along with us,” Skylar said, snickering as Cameron pouted.

                The girl handed me two twenties and I began to gather her change as I chuckled. “Yea, I suppose we can bring Seth and Cameron along on our date,” I said with a wink.

                I handed the girl her change and her stuff. I smiled at her brightly. “Thank you and come again!”

                She took her stuff and offered me a small smile before leaving. I turned and leaned on the counter again, my eyes on Skylar. Mmm, he looked good.

                “What movie?” I asked curiously.

                “The Campaign, because I know you love to laugh,” he said.