Let The Games Begin {4}

I made my way into the house and upstairs. Luke and Emily glanced at me from the living room and I gave a small wave.

                “You better go in his bed tonight Jakey. He’ll be mad if you don’t,” Luke said with a laugh. I nodded and said goodnight to them before making my way into Skylar’s bedroom.

                I slowly crawled into his bed, careful not to move around. I didn’t want to wake poor Skylar up. I slid under the covers and shut my eyes.

                “What? I don’t even get a goodnight kiss or anything?”

                I jumped in shock and groaned. “I woke you up, didn’t I?” I asked miserably.

                “No, you didn’t. I couldn’t sleep,” Skylar said, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me to himself. I kissed his lips and he rested his head on my chest.

                “Hey Skylar, what would you do if someone flirted with me?” I asked, running my hand through his soft hair.

                “I would kick their ass. You’re mine. Why?” he asked. I smiled a little. I loved the fierce protectiveness in his voice.

                “Just curious. Some guy in the store was being a little flirty,” I said, trying my hardest to sound casual about it. Maybe it was nothing. Why the hell would Cameron flirt with me?

                “Well, if he ever comes back and tries that again, you just let me know,” Skylar mumbled sleepily. “I’ll take care of him.”

                I chuckled and kissed his forehead as he fell asleep. I slipped off to dreamland not long after Skylar.

                                                                                                ***

                “Between you and I, I still keep your pictures underneath my bed. Where she gives herself to me. Where I give myself to you. Maybe it’s all for the best, but I just don’t see any good in this.”

                I turned Skylar’s alarm clock off and we sat up together. “I’m not feeling school today,” I announced.

                In all honesty, I was just scared of what Cameron would do. Would he openly flirt with me in front of Skylar? Jeez, Skylar would kill him.

                “Go whine to someone who gives a shit,” Sky said, forcing me out of bed.

                We got ready for school before getting in Seth’s car. I hadn’t told Seth about Cameron’s…odd…behavior. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe he had been high or something when it had happened.

                We got to school and made our way inside together. I grabbed Skylar’s hand and squeezed it lovingly, smiling at him.

                “I love you,” I said, kissing him.

                “I love me too,” he said with a nod.

                I pouted. “Do you love me?” I asked with puppy-dog eyes.

                Skylar pretended to think about it. “Eh, sometimes,” he said with a shrug. He laughed as I pouted again and kissed me. “Yes, I love you, you dummy,” he said, cracking a small smile.