Let The Games Begin {20}

***Jakey’s POV***

                “I’m Jameson,” I whimpered, agony exploding through me as I spoke.

                “W-What?” Cameron asked in shock.

                I nodded slowly, gulping down the lump in my throat. “I’m Jameson. Or, I was Jameson,” I mumbled.

                “But…Jameson is dead,” he said in confusion.

                I nodded slowly. “Jameson is dead,” I repeated quietly. I then launched into my story, finally letting Cameron know my past. I was sick of hiding behind lies.

                “Skylar?” I asked nervously.

                “Yea Jakey?” he asked, turning around and facing me curiously.

                Oh my god he was beautiful. I had been crushing on him since last year. But what if he didn’t like me back? After all, I was a boy, and he was a boy.

                “Uh…I like you. A lot. And I would love to go out with you,” I said in a rush.

                Skylar stared at me in shock. “You’re gay?” he asked in confusion.

                “Yes,” I whispered, suddenly terrified.

                Skylar offered me a smile. “Thank god,” he said, pulling me into a tight hug. “Because I’ve had a crush on you for months. I was afraid you were straight.”

                I smiled softly at him and kissed his cheek.

                Two days later, I went into the living room and smiled at my mom and dad. I was finally going to tell them I was dating Skylar.

                “Mom? Dad?” I asked eagerly.

                They looked up at me and smiled. “Yes Jake?” dad asked, patting the spot on the couch next to him.

                I sat down and he ruffled my hair affectionately. I leaned against him and smiled. He returned the smile and kissed my forehead.

                “What’s up kiddo?” he asked curiously.

                “I have something to tell you guys!” I said in excitement.

                “Well, go on then. Tell us!” mom said with a bright smile.

                “I’m dating someone!” I said, unable to contain my joy any longer. I was basically bouncing in my seat.

                “Aw Jakey! That’s great!” mom said happily.

                Dad wrapped an arm around me and ruffled my hair again. “Congratulations kiddo. What’s her name?”

                I shook my head. “No! Not a girl. I’m dating Skylar!” I cried, smiling wider.

                My dad rolled his eyes. “No, really Jakey. What’s her name?” he asked, giving me a small smile.