Let The Games Begin {3}

“Did he reply yet?” Seth asked me curiously, handing someone their change and offering them a polite smile.

                I shook my head. “No,” I said nervously. I had admitted to Seth that I was feeling some severe jealously.

                “Chill out Jakey. I’m sure he has a perfectly good reason. Skylar loves you. He would never leave you!” Seth said brightly, patting me on the back.

                I forced a bright smile and nodded. I began to fix some shirts that people had messed up. Let’s Get It was playing out of the store speakers, and I smiled to myself.

                Gosh, I loved my job. I loved where I worked, and I loved the people I worked with. I didn’t even mind the rude assholes that occasionally made their way into the store. My pay was great, my hours were flexible, and my boss was such a cool guy.

                Seth shut the doors and locked them. He came over and helped me fix the shirts before sighing and glancing towards the backroom.

                “We have to put out the new jeans. This could take a while. They’re all messed up. We need to organize them by size,” he said, going over to the speakers and putting on some Breathe Carolina to work to.

                I grinned. “Is Seth Moore getting lazy?” I asked.

                “Never!” Seth cried, letting out a war cry as he ran to the backroom. He returned a minute later with several boxes.

                We spent the next two hours listening to music, joking around, and organizing the jeans. We finally finished and I checked the time, frowning.

                “Skylar’s asleep by now,” I said with a sigh.

                “Jakey, you better sleep in that boy’s bed. You know he gets mad when you don’t,” Seth said, rolling his eyes and grabbing his car keys.

                “I am not waking poor Skylar up!” I said, jumping into Seth’s arms. He carried me out to the car and dumped me in the passenger seat before hopping into the driver’s seat.

                He took off towards the house and sighed. “Fine, fine, fine. But you’ll make him mad if you don’t sleep with him. Not in a dirty way. Or in a dirty way. Either way, he’ll be pissed at you. He hates it when you sleep anywhere other than his bed, and you know it,” he said.

                I began to sing along with Reaching For The Floor. Seth glanced at me and raised an eyebrow as I sang.

                “Damn Jakey. I get laid to the sound of your voice,” he said with a wink.

                “I get people laid. That is a scientific fact,” I said with an affirmative nod as he pulled into the driveway.

                “Thank you Sethy!” I cheered as I hopped out of the car. I made my way into the house and started towards Sky’s room before pausing.

                I didn’t want to wake him up. Instead, I turned and made myself comfortable on the couch. Well, as comfortable as anyone could possibly be on the couches in Skylar’s living room.

                After tossing and turning for a little, I squeezed my eyes shut. I tried to force away thoughts of Cameron. The sexy boy that had been home alone with my boyfriend…