29 - Date Night In Hospital

Clementine

It's been a few days since Louis first came to the hospital, and Clem is still in the hospital. She has been making a swift recovery, and most of her bruises are healing. Some have turned a pale yellow colour, but most cannot be seen.
Clem's arm is still in a cast, and would be for awhile since it was a bad break.

It was early morning, just before school started for everyone else. Clem can get lonely during the day in hospital since everyone is either at work or school. Mariana is the person to visit her first today.

"Hey Clem, how you feeling?" The brunette asked.

Clem replied, "I'm alright. Thanks for coming by Mari."

Mariana just shrugged, "Of course I had to visit you. I'm going back to Richmond tomorrow so I wanted to come one last time." She said with a sad smile.

Clem noticed her apprehensive body language, showing she had something to ask. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Mari was brought back to reality, "Yeah, I just wanted to ask you something. Are you happy with Louis?"
It was a random question, especially coming from Mariana but it forced Clem to think. Louis did make her happy, minus the recent drama.

Clem nodded "Louis makes me happy everyday. Obviously, aside from the other week but that's over now."
Mari nodded at the response, understanding what she meant. Her next words were unexpected, "As happy as Gabe made you..?"

That question made a shiver go down Clem's spine. She knew that Gabe made her happy, but he wasn't around anymore. It was a few years ago. She had moved on, but felt bad about leaving him in the past. In Clem's defensive, she couldn't wait around for Gabe anymore - he wasn't even alive.

Hanging her head slightly to face her lap, Clem whispered "Yes."

Getting audibly louder, she continued speaking the truth. "Louis gave me what Gabe couldn't, which wasn't his fault. Gabe never had the chance to make me this happy but I don't resent him for that. But both of them are different from each other."

Mari knew what she meant, but couldn't help but feel bad for her brother. Clem couldn't wait around forever. Of course she would move on sooner or later. And Clem had moved on with Louis.

"Okay, thanks for being honest Clem. Gabe would be glad that you are happy even if it's not with him. I hope you get well soon and I'll visit during summer." And with that, Mari took her leave.
Now Clem was left alone, with her thoughts again.

Louis

Soon after Mari left, Louis strolled into the private hospital room while holding something in his hands. Clem still had her wrist and collarbone wrapped up, meaning she wouldn't be able to hold or carry much. It would be like that for a few weeks, until the bones have full recovered from the impact.

Louis began setting up his items, which turned out to be a candle and bag of salty pretzels. "What are you doing?" Clem asked, narrowing her eyes at the dread head.

While arranging things, Louis answered her obvious question. "I thought that before you get discharged tomorrow, we could have a date. Ya know, it's also been awhile since we had one."

Clem gave a half smile, she couldn't resist him. He gave it so much thought, in an attempt to make his girlfriend happy.

Whilst trying to persuade her, Louis makes a comment that was easily taken out of context. "I promise I'll make it short so we can finish getting ready for tomorrow. I mean, nothing's wrong with short and sweet, right?"
Realising the double meaning, his face flushed a deep red from his own words. "Wait, forget I said that."

Clem smirked to herself, understanding the meaning of the not so innocent comment.
Without much thought, Clem agreed to the date, "Okay, okay. Let's do it." Which earned another smile from Louis.

Clementine was positioned herself on the bed, so she was now sitting up right, with her legs crossed. Louis was also sat on the bed, opposite Clem, with his legs out in front of him. Between them, was the pretzels and lit candle, balancing unsafely on a food tray.

Louis spoke while Clem readjusted herself, attempting to get comfy. "I know you haven't been feeling the best recently, so let King Louis change that." And normal Louis is back again.

Louis then popped a pretzel into Clem's awaiting mouth.

"Ya know, I know a lot about the dating world." He suggests to Clem, knowing she will want to know more.

"Oh yeah?" She smirks, "Like what?"

Resting his arm on his knee, he enlightens his girlfriend. "Yeah. You can tell a lot about someone by what they look for in a partner." Looking slightly awkward.

"Sure I guess." Her tone sounding sarcastic, but her face looked amused.

There was a slight silence that followed, but Louis broke it with a question.
He almost looked embarrassed, "What would you say you look for, in a guy? If you had to pick."

She paused, taking her time to think. Brains, brawn, good looks or sense of humour. She then looked back at him then said "Definitely a good sense of humour."

Smirking, he retorts "Ok, I see you." Score.

Feeling sentimental, Clem thinks about the future. She knows that she wants to go to college after high school, but doesn't know where or what to study. She also wanted to know what Louis's future possibly held.
"Hey Louis, what are you going to do after school?"

Thinking, Louis says the first thing that comes to mind. "Stay around here for a few years, playing gigs and little odd jobs, whatever I can find."

Clem found it to be a strange answer with not much thought, "So, you don't wanna go to college? Experience being a young adult, in a big city?" 

"Nah, that isn't what I want to do with my life. But whatever you choose to do Clem, I'll always be your number one supporter." The comment made Clem happy, knowing she had someone's support before even knowing what she wants to do herself.

Love can be powerful and make people do crazy things. But, people will do anything for those they love.

Authors note
Vote and comment if you enjoyed❤️

I decided that this story will finish on chapter 35. BUT there will be a sequel so get yourselves ready 😉
Comment what you would want to see in the last few chapters or in the sequel.