12 - Card Games Around Campfires

You guys were saying you couldn't wait for the next part, so here is chapter 12.

Warning: references to drink/drug use and some mature language.

Clementine

It has just passed 5pm on Sunday evening in early February, and Marlon's party is slowly getting underway. Louis was driving his car, with the short girl beside him in the passenger seat. Clementine and Louis pull into Marlon's driveway, and exit the vehicle together before heading for the gate leading to the back garden.

Music could be heard from the street, pumping adrenaline and excitement through the girl's veins. Strolling through the gate and entering the back garden, Clem's breathe gets stuck in her throat from the view in front of her. Wow.

Marlon's garden was a decent size - not too big or too small.
In the corner of the garden, there was a raised wooden section which had a hot tub placed there. There were a few teens in the hot tub, and Clem recognised some from her classes. Not far from the hot tub, was a minibar. There was even a bartender, that was specifically hired for this party - talk about going all out.
Finally, there was a campfire in the middle of the garden, sitting on a grassy area of the garden. Around the fire, everyone else was sat there with drinks in their hands. The life of the party.

The entire garden was decorated with fairly lights - over the fence, covering the garage and the back wall of the house. It gave the setting a nice hue to it, which made it feel relaxing. This had some effort put into it.

Pulling her out of her awe, Clem hears a voice ask her something. "Do you want a drink, Clem?" It was the dread head stood next to her that was asking her.

"Yeah okay, that would be nice." She ends with a smile, showing off her nicely aligned teeth.

Grinning in reply, Louis responds with "I'll be right back, beautiful. Don't go too far." And ends with a wink before walking towards the minibar with confidence. A few people she doesn't recognise speak to the boy with the dreads, and he speaks back politely but still making his way to the bar.
He fits in with the party scene well, she thinks to herself.

Whilst waiting for Louis to return with her liquid courage, the boy with the shit haircut sees her in the quiet corner of the garden, and waves. Marlon begins to make his way over to Clem, who was still near the gate.

"Hey Clem! How are you enjoying the party?" The mullet blonde asks her, smelling slightly of booze.

Knowing he is buzzed, Clem decides to be polite and start a conversation. "We only just got here actually." She replies.

"Oh okay. Wait- We?" He asks, before taking a sip from the bottle in his hand. Looks like a cheap brand of beer.

"Yeah, Louis picked me up." The brunette girl says, shrugging nonchalantly.

Marlon perks up at this newly revealed information. "Damn I didn't know you two were hitting it off so well."

"Yeah, me and Louis are close." She replies, whilst smiling and slightly blushing.

Marlon notices the girls face slowly changing colour. "Ohhhh, I see. I can keep a secret Clementine."

She rolls in her eyes in response before snapping back, "It's not like that Marlon. I don't know if he feels the same."

He takes another sip from his drink. "So you aren't denying that you feel something?"
Oh shit, busted Clem thinks to herself.

Before she can reply, Louis has returned with two drinks in his hands. "Hey dude." Heaims to Marlon, who is slyly smirking to himself knowing Clem's little secret that she never denied. He passes Clem the bottle that's in his left hand and she inspects the label - strawberry cider.