Chapter 55 : Feel

ALEXA'S POV

I can't believe that Erick moved on from me, so quickly. I actually feel terrible about it because I really started to develop feelings for him but I was confused if what we had was real or I was just convincing myself. Jake was there for me, after the accident but Erick wanted to go back to what we used to be.

And I might be biased when I say that I want to go back to whatever I used to be with Erick.

Or so I thought, anyway.

I wanted to tell him that I feel for him, more than I feel for Jake. I wanted to go with him as his photographer, but I saw him with Angela and now everything is crystal clear.

I never mattered as much as she did, right?

A soft knock at my bedroom door pulls me out of my thoughts. My mom enters the room and smiles, "Do you need any help to pack your bag?"

"Yes, please. I still don't know half of the things that I own." I laugh.

"It's going to be cold in London, you're going to need more than just a thin sweater." She pulls out a thick jacket from my closet and puts it neatly in my bag.

I pull out an extremely oversized maroon shirt and hold it up, "When and why did I even buy this? It's super long and three of me can fit in here."

"No idea." She laughs. "You can keep it aside for Christmas donation, if you want."

"Sounds good." I shrug and examine the shirt before I keep it aside. It smells good, I can tell it hasn't been touched in a long time.

"Do I have a secret brother who keeps his clothes in my closet or something? This shirt is huge, definitely not mine." I joke.

"No, honey. I don't have any kids except for you, I promise." She laughs.

"Put the shirt on, babe." A voice echoes in my head and I freeze. A crushing pain sears down my skull and through my chest.

"Mom?" I croak.

"Yes?" She replies, from behind, not looking at me.

What just happened?

I don't say anything until the pain diminishes. I shrug, "Nothing, I'm going to keep this shirt. Maybe Jake forgot it here, when he changed for basketball practice."

"Yes, okay, maybe."

I turn around to see my mom digging through my closet. "What are you looking for, anyway?"

She quickly stops, "Uh, I'm looking for a black shirt of yours."

"Describe it? I might've already put it inside."

She grabs a black cropped top from the closet and I raise my eyebrow, "Didn't you just say it'll be cold? This is cropped and sleeveless, I'll turn into a popsicle."

"Right, um, sorry." She puts the shirt back inside. "How are things with Jake?"

Weird topic change.