Chapter 25 : Argentina

ALEXA'S POV

I wake up at the loud blaring sound of my alarm. I'm too lazy to get out of bed, so I hit the snooze button. After ten minutes, it blares again, I groan and without even opening my eyes, I hit snooze again. This time when it rings, I partly open my eyes and I turn off the alarm.

My blanket is so nice and warm, I should go back to sleep.

I glance at the time: 4:20am.

Who the hell set an alarm for 4:00am, and why? It's definitely not me.

Then, everything falls into place, slowly. I fainted yesterday and I fell asleep in the car. How did I get to my room? Who set my alarm? It's so early that I can neither function, nor think.

I yawn and sit up straight on my bed. I unlock my iPhone and check my notifications.

Snapchat : From Erick Brian Colón

Wait what, he's awake, too? Why?

I turn on the dim lights, above my bed. My eyes focus on a small piece of paper that lies on my bedside table. Alexa, I think you should go back to sleep. It sounds like a great idea, but what's happening?

I unfold the paper and read the note written in a familiar elegant handwriting.

Good morning, Princesa. I'm sorry for setting your alarm and waking you up so early. I'm sure you're so sleepy that you're wondering why I woke you up and you probably want to threaten me by pulling out my windpipe and doing whatever. Hehehe. He knows. But well, we have a flight to Argentina, at 7, if you remember. I'll pick you up 5.
- Erick x

I groan and drowsily pull the blanket off my body, I wear my furry bunny slippers and go to the washroom. I have a bath and pull out a red hoodie with blue jeans to wear. I cover the bags under my eyes with light makeup and pull my hair into a messy bun.

I check if I've packed everything and zip up my bag. I yawn and head downstairs to eat something before I leave. To my surprise, my whole family is sitting in the kitchen, waiting for me.

My dad has fallen asleep at the table and he wakes up, startled when my mom and grandma say "Buenos días!" I giggle and throw my arms around my dad, "I feel you, daddy." He laughs and gestures me to sit next to him as he yawns.

"You really didn't have to wake up, so early." I tell my family.

"But my little baby daughter is going to Argentina, I had to see you before you went." Dad replies.

"I'm not a baby anymore." I laugh.

He strokes my hair, "You'll always be my little baby who used to tie two tiny little pigtails when she was five years old. ."

"I love you, daddy." I hug him as I let out a laugh.

"Erick is coming to pick you up at 5, I guess. You should eat your sandwich." Mom points towards the plate in front of me.

"Promise me that you'll stay safe, darling." Mom says.

"Yes mom, I'll be fine, don't worry." I smile.