Chapter 32 : Surprises

ALEXA'S POV

Surprisingly, I've woken up before Erick, today. I forgot to set my alarm and Erick's alarm hasn't gone off, so I'm guessing that I'm up early. The curtains are thick and don't allow a single ray of light to enter the room, so I can't guess if I've woken up in the middle of the night or something. The boys have a show in the morning, today and then we have the rest of the evening to ourselves.

I yawn and sit up on my bed. After our dinner, last night, we dropped Emily home. She was super scared and thought that Noah wasn't going to come back, but then he texted her and told her that he had to leave early because of an emergency and that he'll be back for the concert tomorrow. So, Em calmed down before she went to sleep.

Yeah, we know that there wasn't any emergency.

I push my blanket off and check my phone for the time and I let out a loud scream, which wakes Erick up.

"You okay? Nightmare?" He gets up, looking worried.

"No." I shake my head.

"What the heck, Alexa? Why are you screaming on top of your lungs in the middle of the night?" He groans.

"It's not the middle of the night. We're supposed to leave for soundcheck in ten minutes."

"Holy shit. I forgot to set an alarm."

"Same."

"Go have a shower, FAST. I'll go to Joel's bathroom and take a shower."

"Okay."

He takes his clothes and other things that he needs and leaves the room. I quickly pick up a red crop top and high waisted black skinny jeans and go for a shower. I come out within two minutes, wing my eyeliner in one minute and go out of the bathroom to see Erick tying his shoelaces.

"If you want breakfast, hurry." He tells me.

I brush my hair within seconds and I quickly wear my sneakers. I pick up my camera, sling bag and the room keys and the two of us run towards the lift, shutting the door of our room behind us.

The door of the lift slides open and we go inside. I glance at the amazing view of the city in the soft morning glow from the glass back of the lift.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Erick asks.

"Very."

Suddenly, the lift comes to a halt, in the middle of nowhere and the lights go off.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? An electricity cut off was the last thing we wanted." Erick groans.

"Wow. We have to leave in the next four minutes and this stupid lift isn't planning to move." I roll my eyes.

Erick pulls his phone out and fumes, "No signal. I can't even make a stupid phone call to ask the staff to get us out of here."

"Erick, breathe."

Somebody batters on the door of the lift from outside, "Is anybody inside the lift?"

"YES!" I yell.

"Okay ma'am, I'm from the hotel staff, there's been an electricity cut off, we'll get you out as soon as the power supply comes back."