Chapter 35 : New Beginnings

ALEXA'S POV

I'm sitting with everyone in the dressing room. My heart is thumping in my chest as the time to perform comes closer and closer. I pull out my phone and text Emily.

Me : Hey! You're coming, right?

Em : Yup! Noah's back. ☺️

Me : Thank goodness!

Em : I'm actually at the arena, right now. Where are you?

Me : Backstage.

Em : I see the other photographer girl here, why are you not here?

Damn. I can't spoil the surprise.

Me : I actually haven't done my makeup yet, that's why. 😅

Em : Perfect. Could I do your makeup, please?!

Me : Um, yeah, okay. I'm in the dressing room.

I turn to the guys, "Listen, my friend wants to do my makeup and she's coming here."

"YOU TOLD HER?!" Aiden yells.

"No. She just wants to do my makeup and so, I need you and Tyler to hide."

"Ugh, fine. We'll be in the changing rooms." Tyler groans and walks away with Aiden.

There's a soft knock at the door and I open it to see Noah and Emily standing outside. "Hey!" I smile.

"¡Hola!" Both of them smile and come in.

"Oooh! The photographers are wearing matching outfits today, is this a part of the surprise?" Emily asks.

"Not quite. Both of them liked the same outfit so they bought it." Yoandri pipes in.

"Wow, best friend goals." Em grins.

I roll my eyes, "Yes, totally. She's my best friend for life! Seriously? You really think that an idiot like her is my best friend? Yuck."

"That's some serious hate and shade, huh?" Noah chuckles.

"Can say." Erick adds.

"I need to talk to you, Erick." Noah tells him.
"Yeah, sure." He nods and leaves the room with Noah.

What is that about?

"Who's that?" Emily gestures towards Kaitlyn.

"I'm Kate, um, the boys' makeup artist." She smiles.

Damn, she's not all that dumb, I guess.

"Oh. Hi, I'm Emily, nice to meet you!" She turns to me and grins, "Time to make you look pretty as heck."

She picks up a brush and starts painting my face with various cosmetics. She asks me, "Can I straighten your hair?"

"Isn't it straight already?" I ask.