Chapter 20 : Explanation

ERICK'S POV

I think I'm the dumbest person on planet Earth. I shouldn't have let Simone take it so far. Now, Alexa stormed off and I feel like throwing a brick at someone's face.

How could you, Erick? You knew that she was in the room. Didn't you say that you were going to take her pain? Well, you definitely failed at that.

I run back to the room, "Guys, I got to go. I'll see you tomorrow."
Simone runs over to me, "Don't go, or else, can I come?"
"Sorry, not today. I'll see you guys. Bye." I sprint to my bike (Joel's, actually) and make my way to Alexa's house.

I send her a text,

Me : Princesa, I'm sorry.
*seen at 12:27pm*

Me : Mami, I can explain.
*seen at 12:28pm*

Me : Please reply, Princesa. 😥

Alexa : If you don't stop calling me Princesa, I'm going to punch you in the face, Erick.

Okaaaaay. She's super annoyed.

Me : Okay, I'm sorry, just hear me out, please.

Alexa : I don't want to listen to anything. Go away. I don't care.

I keep my phone in my pocket and ring the doorbell. Alexa's grandma opens the door, "Hola, Chico. ¿Sabes por qué Alexa está llorando? (Do you know why Alexa is crying?)"

I feel ashamed to answer her question, "Sí...es mi culpa."

"Ella no abrirá la puerta, pero puedes intentarlo (She's not opening the door but you can try)." She lets me in.

I walk to Alexa's room and knock at the door. "Who's it?" I hear a soft voice.

"It's me, Erick. Please open the door, Lexi. I can explain."

"What part of 'I don't want to listen to anything' do you not understand? Just leave me alone." She yells.

"Lexi, please."

"This is the second time. First, Kaitlyn and now Simone. Soy solamente la otra. I don't want to know. Go away." Her voice is evidence that she's been crying.

"If you don't open the door, I will break it open. Just let me tell you who she is-"

"Joel told me, and just FYI, Aiden is my ex boyfriend." My jaw drops at her sentence. After pleading for a long time, she opens the door.

-x-

ALEXA'S POV

Erick enters my room, guilt evident in his eyes. This is crazy. He's just my favourite singer, he's allowed to have relationships or whatever with anyone.

We're not dating or anything, WHY AM I SO BOTHERED?
WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE HE RIPPED MY HEART TO SHREDS?
WHY AM I CRYING RIGHT NOW?

He travels the world and meets so many different people. I'm just one of those random people who works with him. He has something with Simone that I don't. And I'm jealous, you know why? Because out of everyone in the world, he has to be with someone who doesn't even care about him, for all I know. She used to bring a new guy home every two days, in Spain.