Chapter 1 : The Cuban With Green Eyes

ALEXA'S POV

I took a deep breath as I walked out of the place that I had called home, ever since I was a child. Tears welled up in my eyes as I locked the door of my little house, for the last time.

I did not want to leave.

The dew on the grass and the fragrant flowers in my garden teased me as I walked around, in the backyard. This house held infinite number of memories and I wasn't ready to leave it all behind.

"Did you think that you were going to leave without saying goodbye?" A masculine voice that I recognised all too well, startled me and made me quickly wipe my tears away.

"Oh, hey, Tyler! It's so early! What are you doing here?" I pretended to be normal and looked around at the dark sky, just before the break of dawn, being careful to not meet his pair of questioning grey eyes.

"Alexandra, my love," My boyfriend, Tyler, walked up to me and wiped a stray tear that had escaped the corner of my eye. "No llores, por favor (Don't cry, please)."

"But I don't know how I'm going to manage in Miami." I threw my arms around him.

"You're going to be fine, Lexiboo." He whispered and kissed my forehead. "We should go to the airport, you'll miss your flight." He said, trying his best to not flinch at the thought of me, going away.

Tyler drove me to the airport, where I met a couple of friends who wanted to wave goodbye.

"Please don't go, Alexa! I'll miss you!" My best friend ran towards me, and hugged me as she cried.

That was my breaking point and I broke down, "I don't want to go, Ariel."

"Stay, please." Tyler mumbled, his eyes tearing up.

"Please." A few of my other friends pleaded but the tickets were already booked and I needed to go.

I needed to move on from my life in Spain. The good as well as bad things made me grow and now, it was time to leave it behind.

"I'll miss you." I hugged each and every friend who had come to bid goodbye.

"Ty," I sigh when I hugged my boyfriend.

"Yes, sweetheart?" A tear rolled down his cheek.

I wiped it off gently and whispered, "I love you. I'll come back to see you, I promise."

"I love you, too." His lips met mine and gave me a heart-shattering kiss to say goodbye.

After I pulled away, I hastily walked away towards the security check, leaving all my memories behind.

-x-

"I'll miss you, Alexa! Please don't go."

I could hear the voices of my friends in my head. I had spent twelve years of my life in Spain and all of it was suddenly over. My parents had shifted to Miami and now, it was time for me to leave too.

I made myself comfortable in my window seat of my flight. I was flying by business class and so I was one of the first few people to be seated. I was drowned in my thoughts just when I heard a cheerful friendly voice,