Chapter 40 : Hypnotised

ALEXA'S POV

Erick's kiss knocks the wind out of my lungs and completely obliterates me. I stumble backwards slightly but his strong arm around my waist prevents me from falling and pulls me close. His soft lips meet mine and excitement pumps in my veins. My fingers stroke the nape of his neck as I lightly kiss him back. He stops and takes a breath, his jade green eyes are shut and I can tell that he had been waiting for this, as much as I had. His lips hover over mine in anticipation, for a few moments and then meet mine again, with a newborn enthusiasm.

I don't even know how long I've waited for this. Is this even real?

The happiness bubbling inside me makes me close my eyes, rise onto my toes, loop my hands around his neck and pull him down slightly. I slowly move my lips in synchronisation with his and I pull him closer, bringing my thin frame flush against his muscular one. His tongue flicks over my lips and they part ever so slightly, taking in his delicious minty taste, as my hand roams from his face to his hair.

I'M FINALLY KISSING ERICK BRIAN COLON.

One of his hands reaches up to tuck my hair behind my ear and then his soft skin cups my face. I'm learning things about Erick that I didn't know earlier, the way his lips are so soft and sweet against mine, the way his messy hair is so silky and how he craved this as much as I did. His lips are soft like the petals of a rose and I just can't get enough.

I eventually pull away, gasping for air. His forehead rests against mine as both of us breathe heavily, replaying what just happened, in our heads.

"Did I just kiss you, Mami?" Erick whispers.

"Yeah." I reply, my eyelids fluttering open.

"And you kissed me back?"

I feel myself blushing, "Yes."

"And I'm not dreaming?"

"I don't think so." I laugh softly.

"You have no idea how long I had been waiting for this moment."

I can't bring myself to say anything, but go up on my toes and kiss him again. It's a shorter kiss but it makes my heart go wild, anyway. He smiles against my lips, biting my lower lip lightly. We hear a motorbike in the distance and pull away, hesitantly.

I cannot believe that just happened.

"We should go back." I whisper.

His fingers twine with mine as we walk back to the spot we had parked our bike. I see Melanie and Joel laughing, their bike parked next to ours and Chris, Zabdi and Richard getting out of their car.

"Hey, where were you guys?" Christopher asks.

Erick shrugs, "Right here, I was showing Alexa something."

Showing me what I mean to you?

Joel begins, "Oh Lord, we got lost on that path. We took the wrong route twice and landed up in the same place again-"

My lips are still tingling.

Erick's hand squeezes mine and I can't control the smile on my face as I look down.