Chapter 41 : Birthday

ERICK'S POV

"Lexi?" I walk into the completely silent living room after our early dinner. My heart melts when I see that Rosette is calmly asleep on Alexa's lap who has fallen asleep, too.

Two of my favourite people being so cute together? I can't handle this level of cuteness.

Mom walks into the room and smiles warmly when she sees me gazing at Lexi and Rosie.

"Mom, I can't even express how much I love her." I glance at Alexa.

"I don't think you were this serious with Simone or Kaitlyn. I'm so happy for you because I know that Alexa loves you as much as you love her." We walk out of the living room so that we don't wake the two up.

"How did 'Erixa' happen?" She asks softly.

"Well, I always did like her from the beginning," I shrug and blush slightly. "So, we reached the top before the others, today, and she confessed that she likes me and so, I did, too."

"Aww, how?"

"Our little moment, I'm not telling you, mom."

"Erick, tell me! I'm your mom!" Mom whines like a baby.

"Yeah, still." I shrug.

"Tell me about your first date!" Mom grins.

I sigh, "Haven't asked her, yet."

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU, SON? Take her out! Get her a gift, make her feel like a princess, I promise you, she'll go crazy if you do something cute."

"Uh." I say softly and think about something.

OH MY GOD. THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING.

"MOM, WHAT'S THE DATE TODAY?" I slap my forehead.

"It's the 16th, why?"

"OH GOD, IT'S ALEXA'S BIRTHDAY TOMORROW. I'M AN IDIOT, MY GIRLFRIEND'S BIRTHDAY SLIPPED OUT OF MY MIND, OH CRAP." I yell.

Mom scolds, "SHUT UP, SHE'LL WAKE UP."

"I had a plan in mind earlier but it's already getting darker outside right now, how am I going to work this out?" I groan.

Mom rolls her eyes, "You're going to do this, right now."

"Are you serious?"

"Does it look like I'm kidding? Of course I'm serious." Mom rolls her eyes.

"Oh Lord, okay, I'm going to do this now. I'll be back by 10:30, I guess."

"Take her to the guest room? She'll definitely have a pain in her neck tomorrow if she sleeps like that, on the couch." Mom points at a sleeping Alexa whose head is facing upwards, the back part of her neck resting at the back of the couch.

"Okay, take Rosette, please?" I ask mom, who nods and lifts Rose up in her arms and heads upstairs. Rose shifts a little in her sleep, mumbles something about her mom and sleeps again. I hear mom shut the door of her room, behind her and I turn to Alexa then.