Chapter 17 : Whipped

ALEXA'S POV

I'm going back to Miami. A part of me really doesn't want to, but I have to. I walked back home with Erick last evening and the walk was pretty silent as both of us were probably lost in our stream of thoughts. I'm still thinking about what happened and I have so many questions in my head.

What if I hadn't pulled away? Did I actually want this? Am I over Tyler, yet? Why did Erick do that? Did he just want to see if he makes me nervous? What if Erick actually wanted to..? Shut up, Lexa, that's just impossible. It can't be, right?

We take our seats in the aircraft, this time, our parents are sitting next to us, across the aisle. Like every time, I'm sitting near the window with Erick next to me.

"This is how we first met, Princesa." He nudges, breaking my chain of thoughts.

I smile back, "Yeah. Little did I know that I'd be meeting you so often after that."

"I know you're glad. You're seeing MY face everyday. That's just a beautiful sight." He flashes a cocky smile.

"Cállate, loco. How self obsessed can one be?" I laugh.

After the safety-instructions video is done playing, we take off. We land at Miami after a few hours and the sun has just risen.

-x-

"LEXIIIIII! Heyyyy!" I hear Melanie's excited voice.
I throw my arms around my best friends, "MELLLL! Heyyyy!"

After she pulls away from the hug, she slaps my arm and smirks, "Care to explain what happened at your romantic getaway?"

"It's not like that, you know." I smile and look away.

She laughs, "I'm not buying it. I saw some pictures of the two of you in a park and your ex is in the background too. I'm confused, what?"

"I'll explain. Can we sit in my room?"

"Yes, okay."

We sit on the bed and she says, "Spill." I talk to Melanie for an hour, an engrossing conversation about how Erick and I spent our time in Spain. I  tell her that Erick made pancakes for me which were heavenly. She listened to the whole thing attentively, interrupting me every now and then with, "Awww!" and "OH MY GOD."

As far as I know, Melanie does know about Isabella because of my parents. They've known the Benson family for a while and my mom probably told Mel about Isabella before I arrived at Miami, first. She doesn't bring it up, though and I'm so thankful for that.

I tell her about my previous evening, and she doesn't know how to react. She first starts yelling, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH TYLER? YOU DO NOT JUST BREAK UP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND ASK HER TO COME BACK, LIKE THAT."

After that, she calms down a bit, "ALEXANDRA. ERICK BRIAN COLÓN IS IN LOVE WITH YOU. YOU CAN SEE IT VERY CLEARLY."

I giggle, "No, Melanie. It's not possible."

She retorts sharply, "Can't you see? He calls you cute names, cheers you up, cares for you, COOKS FOR YOU and whatnot. He almost kissed you, TWICE. Of course he likes you. Plus, you're so beautiful, why can't it be possible? You're super pretty and spend so much time with him and you're perfect, what's wrong with you?"