Chapter 29 : Someone Else

ALEXA'S POV

"I'm fine, really." I lie as I wince and straighten up on my bed.

"You're clearly not okay." Erick sits down next to me.

"But you need a photographer!" I whine like a child.

He lets out a short laugh, "Simone just texted me saying that she's okay and she's coming with us today. Take the day off, Princesa."

"Ugh."

I hear a soft knock at the door and Joel walks in when Erick opens the door, "Hola, Cupcakeeeee!"

He flashes a wide smile and sits next to me, "Are you okay, love?"

"Yeah." I nod. Erick called me 'love' last night, too. I prefer that.

"That's a bad bruise, baby. What happened?" Joel points to my face.

"Oh, there's more." Erick snorts as he reaches to pull my blanket off.

"No, Erick, don't-" I grip my blanket tightly.

"Shut up for a moment, Lexi." He rolls his eyes and pulls my blanket off.

Joel's eyes widen in horror. His eyes travel from my face, to my neck, my hands, my legs and he gasps. "WHAT THE HELL?!"

"I'm okay-"

"No, listen to me Joel, she's not okay." Erick demands.

"Yes, tell me." He replies.

"She got beat up by some crazy crook who I want to bash up desperately."

"WHAT. THE. HECK?!" Joel yells as his gaze land on me. I just nod slightly.

Erick tells him about the whole incident. Joel fumes with rage as he screams, "I AM GOING TO FIND HIM AND KILL HIM. HOW DARE HE EVEN TOUCH HER?"

"Joel," I say.

"LOOK AT HER. MIRA, ERICK, TANTAS HERIDAS (LOOK, ERICK, SO MANY BRUISES)." He yells even louder.

"Joelito," I try again.

"I KNOW, JOEL, I WANT TO KILL HIM, TOO." Erick says.

"I WILL BURN HIM UP ALIVE."

"JOEL, SHUT THE HELL UP AND LISTEN TO ME." I scream.

"WHAT?"

"ERICK DID NOT TELL YOU THAT I BROKE HIS NOSE."

"Wait, what?"

"Black belt in karate." Erick shrugs.

"WHOA THAT IS SO COOL! BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I DON'T WANT TO KILL HIM!" Joel exclaims.

"Okay I'm getting ready." I throw the blanket off completely.

"Wait a minute, for?" Joel stops me.

"She's not listening to me. Your feisty girlfriend wants to come with us." Erick tells him.