Chapter 51 : Choose

ALEXA'S POV

It's been half an hour since my shift has begun and I'm extremely bored because there's barely anybody, in the store today. It's just Stacy, Mia, Kevin and me, today. Stacy is texting someone, Kevin isn't here, yet and Mia is making a drink for someone.

This job is quite boring, to be honest.

It's been three months since I've started working at Starbucks. Three months since I decided that Erick deserves another chance. Three months since the frequency of my flashbacks decreased. Three months since I mustered up the courage to look into Erick's eyes.

I pull out my phone and smile to see Jake's text.

Jake : Good morning, sweetheart! ❤️

Me : Buenos días! 💜

Jake : Are you busy? I was planning to pick you up, in a while and then head for lunch.

Me : I'd love that, but I doubt that Stacy is going to let me leave early. I have a long shift today. :( I could talk to her if it's urgent.

Jake : No, it's okay, I need to talk to you, I'll meet you at your place when you're done?

Me : Sure, I'll text you.

Jake : See you! ❤️

A guy with blonde hair walks in with another guy with brown hair and a long beard. The guy with brown hair licks his lips as he comes and leans over the counter, "Hello, baby."

It's too early in the morning for this.

"Good morning, sir! How may I help you?" I prevent myself from sounding rude.

"Well, honeybun, I'd like to have a raspberry scone and a caramel frappe, topped with excess love, handcrafted by your beautiful hands."

I look around helplessly, hoping that someone could get these two men to be less inappropriate.

"A raspberry scone and a caramel frappe, coming right up! Would you like anything else?" I say in a fake tone.

"Nothing looks sweet enough, can I take you with me, doll?" The blonde says and it takes me my entire willpower to not grab him by his collar and punch him repeatedly until he's a bloody mess. His friend laughs and glances at me with a lewd smile.

You'll lose your job, Lexi.

It's not so great anyway.

You still don't want to lose it. You'll be sitting at home and doing nothing otherwise.

Self control, you've got this.

"You could have a red velvet pastry if you're looking for something sweet." I pretend to not pay attention to anything else from his previous sentence. I want him to order quickly and just disappear.

"No, thank you so much! Although, you're so hot, I don't mind a piece of your-" The blonde guy grins but he's cut off by a guy's fist, slamming into his cheek.