Chapter 31 : Proposal

ALEXA'S POV

I wake up to the loud sound of Erick's alarm, early in the morning. I'm so drowsy and tired, I don't want to wake up so I pull the blanket over my head.

"Lexi? Wake up." Erick says from a distance.

I pull my blanket a little down, narrow my eyes at him and say, "No, go away." I pull my blanket over my face again.

He laughs and sits down next to me, "Don't be so stubborn, Mami, I know you're tired and you've had a long night, but you really need to wake up now."

"What's the time?" I ask from under the warm blanket.

"8:02am."

I groan, "Wake me up after you've had a bath."

"Okay." He says, mischief in his voice. He gets up and goes to the bathroom.

Peace. Please let him take a long shower while I take a relaxing nap.

I take a short nap which feels like it lasted for twenty seconds, before Erick sits down next to me again.

"I've had a bath, Princesa. Wake up."

What the heck?

"What's the time now?" I say, annoyed.

"8:07am." He laughs.

"UGHHHHH! Five more minutes."

"If you don't wake up now, you're not coming for the interview today."

My eyelids fly open and I sit up on my bed, "I'm awake, I'm awake. There's no way in hell I'm sitting here alone."

"Okay, come along if you feel okay. Go have a bath, we'll go for breakfast then." Erick smiles.

I pick out a light blue shirt with three fourth sleeves and dark blue jeans to wear. My bruises are still visible so I have to wear something that provides maximum coverage to my body. I brush my teeth, take a quick shower and comb my hair. I get out of the bathroom to see Erick sitting calmly on the bed, checking his Instagram.

"You done?" He asks me.

"Not quite, I can't possibly walk out with all these bruises." I point at my face and the exposed parts of my neck and hands.

"What can you do about it?" He asks me, confused.

I roll my eyes, "Cover it with makeup, duh?"

"Uh, okay."

I take my makeup bag and put a whole lot of cosmetics on my skin, successfully covering my bruises but still not looking caked up. Thank god, I didn't zone out when Emily was doing my makeup yesterday, she told me some tips to not look caked up.

Which reminds me, I should text Emily thanking her for yesterday.

"I'm done." I turn around and smile at Erick.

"Thank goodness, I'm super hungry." He laughs.

I pick up my sling bag and room keys as I leave the room with Erick, for breakfast. I take a slice of bread and Nutella and sit down at the table reserved for us. Yoandri is the only other person sitting at the table, Erick is still getting his breakfast.