Chapter 34 : Don't Bite Your Lip

ALEXA'S POV

Today is the day of the last concert in Argentina and I'm extremely nervous. I've woken up two hours early and I can't fall asleep again, now. Last night, all of us were at the studio for a long time, rehearsing for today and we came back to the hotel pretty late. Basically, I slept late and I've woken up early and there are bags under my eyes, for sure.

I turn over to the other side of my bed to look at Erick who is still asleep (obviously, everyone isn't weird like you, Alexa) but has a disturbed look on his face. I push my blanket off and walk over to the window, I peep through the curtain and see that the sun hasn't even risen yet.

It's so quiet and dark in the room, I turn on the dim lights near the door and walk over to the mirror. I almost scream because my hair is a mess, the dim light is casting an eerie shadow on my face and I also forgot to remove my makeup last night, so, I look like a witch.

Didn't Simone call you a Wicked Witch, yesterday?

Yeah.

Staying true to the statement, eh?

Not intentionally.

Erick is going to propose to her today, and you'll be ruined!

Yes, I know. NOW SHUT UP, SUBCONSCIOUS ALEXA.

Just stating facts.

Yeah, I really think I'm crazy, I'm talking to my subconscious self at five in the morning, like a creep.

I go to the bathroom and remove the makeup that has smeared all over my face. I pull my hair into a messy bun and take my phone and a room key.

I'm going out for a walk.

I hear a soft sound in the room and I turn around to check what caused the sound.

"Es la verdad," Erick mumbles softly.

Aww! Erick talks in his sleep!

"No, don't take a step further, please." A drop of sweat trickles down his face.

He turns in his sleep, his hand twitching, "I'm sorry, step away from the edge, you'll fall of the cliff, Sim."

Yeah, he's dreaming about his girlfriend, which is not you.

He shifts uncomfortably again and I sit down next to him and hold his hand, "Erick?"

"No! Don't do this!" His voice becomes louder as he thrashes in bed.

"NO!!!" He yells and gets up, breathing hard.

"She jumped off the cliff, Alexa. What have I done?!" His worried green eyes fix on me as his grip on my hand tightens. "Shh, it's okay. It was just a dream." I pull him into a hug.

"Oh god, terrible dream." He pants.

"You're okay, Erick. Simone is also fine, she's in the next room. Go back to sleep." I stroke his silky hair.

He sighs, "You're okay, right? Everyone is fine?"

"Erick, I'm fine, everything is normal. Go back to sleep."