Chapter 46 : Give up

ALEXA'S POV

I'm tired of sitting in this room.

I don't like these machines beeping around me, in the silence. I don't like screaming in pain because my limbs are broken. I'm frustrated to a new level because my memory has gone blank, I can't remember what happened after Bella's death. I only recognise my parents and it's driving me crazy because I don't know any of these people who are coming to see me.

There's a small teddy bear on the stool, next to me. I pick it up and throw it towards the door in frustration and groan loudly.

The door opens after a soft knock and some new guy who I've never seen before comes inside.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asks me softly.

This guy looks like a typical school heartthrob. He's tall, with ruffled blonde hair, bright blue eyes with a pair of dimples. He looks like the kind of guy who gets all the attention he wants.

I'm genuinely frustrated now and I groan again, "Who are you, now?"

"I'm sorry, am I troubling you? Do you want me to go away?" A worried look paints his face.

Yes, please.

"No, come in, it's okay. I'm just annoyed that I can't remember anything or anyone. Everything hurts if I move, I'm just tired of this." I groan.

"I'm sorry for what happened, Alexa. I don't think that you remember me. Let's start over? I'm Jacob Preston, you can call me Jake." He gives me a soft smile.

"I'm Alexandra Santiago, nice to meet you. You can call me Alexa, Lexi or whatever you want." I say.

I'm sick and tired of saying the same thing to everyone.

"Well, I've brought you a good news and a bad news, since your parents aren't around, the doctor told me."

"What's the good news?"

"The doctor said that you can go home now and the plasters on your hand will come off in a week."

"And the bad news?"

"The bad news is that you're going to need a wheelchair for the next few weeks."

"Ugh. When am I going home?"

"Now, actually. Do you want to go home by the ambulance? I can call your parents, also." He says.

"Please, no ambulance. I don't want to attract more attention than I already have." I say.

"Okay, wait." He says and walks out of the room. He enters after a minute, "I called your parents and they asked me to get you home because they can't leave your grandma alone, at home. She fainted, a while ago."

"She's okay, right?" I panic.

"Yeah."

"Okay that's great." I sigh in relief.

"Let's take you back home?" He smiles.

"I don't even know you, I'm not going home with you." I raise my eyebrow.