Chapter 13 : Tears and Lonely Beaches

ALEXA'S POV

"I don't know where to begin, Lexi." Tyler's voice sounded, softly.

I don't like this. I don't want to know.

"Tyler, you're literally scaring the shit out of me. I'm actually trembling here, can you please just tell me?" I moan.

I hear Tyler sigh, "I'm not sure if I want to do this, but I think I really need to tell you. Just, please don't get annoyed."

"Okay. Shoot."

"I don't think I can do a long distance relationship anymore." He mumbles.

"What? What do you mean?" I take a sharp breath.
"I mean that I cannot do this anymore. I'm breaking up with you." He confirms.

A flood of emotions ran over me, anger, frustration, sadness and rejection shot ice down my veins, taking control of my body, planting my feet onto the ground in such a way that I cannot move at all. That one sentence has basically left me frozen.

"Please tell me that you're lying, Ty. Please."

"I'm not. I hate to do this, but I'm not lying and I'm in love with someone else."

Tears start to flood my eyes, blocking my vision. No. You're not going to cry, Alexandra. Just no.

"Lexiboo, let me explain, please," he sounds pleading.

"Don't you dare every call me that, again." I speak through gritted teeth.

"Honey, let me explain-"

"STOP CALLING ME NAMES, TYLER CROFT. YOU DO NOT JUST SAY THAT YOU'RE BREAKING UP WITH ME AND CALL ME 'HONEY' AFTER THAT."

His voice is now soothing, the very same voice that calmed me down when I was not okay. I suddenly have a hatred for that very same voice.

"Okay, I'm sorry, Alexa. See, after you left, I met Kaitlyn."

Kaitlyn. Why did I not see this coming?

"And, we started meeting more often. I don't know when it happened, but I think I'm in love with her."

He's in love with someone else. I think, that sentence has torn my heart into shreds.

I bite my tongue to keep me from crying, it doesn't work and I feel a tear roll down my cheeks.

"Why are you doing this? You've known her for a month." I whisper.

"I know, Alexa. It's just that, we've become so close in this one month. You're not here and I really miss you. I can't be this way. I started hanging out with Kaitlyn, she's fixing that emptiness in my heart that was created after you left. If only you could come back."

Does he even know how much the last two sentences hurt?

I'm crying by now, "So, you're breaking up with me? After all that we've been through? After all your 'We're stronger than this, right?'? Guess what, we're nothing even close to strong."