Chapter 39 : You.

ALEXA'S POV

I fling open the door of my wardrobe with the most confusing question of all times:
WHAT DO I WEAR?

I send a quick text to Mel,

Me : Hey! What are you going to wear? 🙈

She replies almost immediately,

Melanie : Well, we'll be spending the day with Joel, and if I could, I'd wear a dress or something and captivate his thoughts. 💁🏻💅🏻😏

Me : You're crazy. 😂 You have a boyfriend, remember Ethan?

Melanie : Yeah, but does he remember me? Nope. -.-

Me : Okay, screw that, tell me what you're wearing.

Melanie : I'm wearing black pants and a light pink top. Nothing extraordinary.

Me : Oh, okay, I'll pick out something similar to wear then.

Melanie : Carry a set of extra clothes, it might rain.

Me : Yes, okay.

I pull out a red shirt with three fourth sleeves and dark blue jeans and a spare set of clothes. I don't know how people don't find jeans comfortable, like, I can even sleep in my jeans. I glance at the clock in my room, Erick would be coming to pick me up any moment. It's quite early, actually, I usually wake up around this time, but we want to spend maximum time at the surprise destination and so I decided to sacrifice a bit of my sleep for a day. I quickly have a bath, put on my outfit, wing my eyeliner (because why not?) and fly down the stairs for breakfast.

"Good morning!" I greet my family as I sit down at the table and make myself a bowl of my favourite cereal.

"You're up early today?" Dad asks.

"Yeah, she has a date with Erick, today." Mom grins.

I slap my forehead, "It's not a date, plus, I'm going to study Biology with him, first."

"I don't understand anything, so I asked her to help me out." I hear Erick's voice behind me and I almost shriek in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, surprised.

"Yes, good morning to you, too, Lexi." He shrugs and casually picks up my bowl and swallows a spoonful of my favourite cereal.

I just stare at him with my jaw open and he lightly shuts my mouth by placing his hand under my lower jaw, "You don't want an insect flying into your mouth, do you, Princesa?" He sits down at the table, still eating my cereal, "This stuff is really good, I must say."

"No shit, Sherlock. Now get yourself your own bowl." I roll my eyes.

Mom gives me a warning glance, "Alex, this is not the way you should talk to guests."

Seriously, mom? It's seven in the morning and I'm sleepy and hungry and Erick stole my cereal.

"A guy who gets into your house and steals your daughter's favourite cereal is not a guest." I say, annoyed that Erick took away my cereal.