Chapter 38 : Garden Date

ALEXA'S POV

"Why are they cutting ice?

"Elsa froze her head! Brain freeze! AHAHAHAHA!"

"Just build a snowman so that she stops singing her song."

"Why are these creatures made of stone?"

"So, you mean to say, Elsa locked herself up in the room for so many years and didn't come out once? What if she was hungry in the middle of the night? What if she wanted to go out for a walk? What if she got bored?"

I ignore Erick's STUPID questions and stuff my mouth with popcorn. Rosette's small frame leans against mine as her hand dives into the bowl of popcorn that I made for us, a while ago.

"How did the sled even go across that gap?"

"Elsa should be my architect and should design my home like that ice castle."

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER? WHY IS SHE FREEZING HER SISTER? IS SHE CRAZY?"

"Does Anna kill Elsa in the end? Who dies?"

I hit his bicep, "SHUT UP, ERICK! SHUT UP!"

"I HAVE QUESTIONS, OKAY?"

"WOW. BRILLIANT QUESTIONS!!" I scoff.

"HEY, I AM GENUINELY CONFUSED. WHAT KIND OF A NAME IS KRISTOFF? COULDN'T THEY JUST CALL HIM CHRISTOPHER?"

"ERICK, I WILL SLAP YOU." I shift closer to him, with an annoyed expression painting my face.

"WHY ARE WE EVEN WATCHING FROZEN?" Erick yells back.

"Lexi, can we please go out? My Dum Dum Brother can't stop yelling." Rosette yawns.

"THANK GOODNESS, YES! LET'S GO OUT." Erick sighs in relief.

Rosette tugs on my shirt and takes me upstairs with her. She pulls out a white summer dress and puts it on quickly. She hands me a brush and asks me in the sweetest voice ever, "Can you please brush my hair?"

"Sure, sweetheart." I gently brush her curly hair and let them fall past her shoulders.

"Thank you, Lexi!" She flashes a smile and my heart melts into a pool.

I ask her to wait for a minute and run down the stairs. I pull out the small pink package from my bag and come back to her, "I got you something, Rosie. This used to be mine, when I was your age." I tell her.

"Really? What is it?" She asks politely.

I bring out the delicate anklet and smile to myself as I see Rosette's eyes widen. I bend down and gently hook it around her ankle. The anklet is really pretty, it used to be my favourite. It has silver butterfly charms and it tinkles when you walk.

Rosette hugs me, "You're the best, Lexi! I'm so happy that you are Erick's girlfriend, you're really nice."

"You're really nice, too, love." I lift her up in my arms, giving up trying to explain that Erick and I aren't dating. Yet.