Chapter 4 : Melanie and Miami

ALEXA'S POV

I hugged my favourite singers once more, before I bid them goodbye. They're all so friendly and such wonderful people. Some of them were a little too friendly, but not like I had a problem with that.

When would you ever get a chance to sit next to them in a flight, again?

I collected my luggage from the conveyor belt and headed for the exit. I called my mom to ask her where she was, and she picked up on the first ring.

"Alexandra! Have you landed? Where are you? Where do I pick you up from? Did you take all your luggage?" An eager voice spoke.

"Yes, mom. I'm heading towards the exit right now. Are you waiting for me outside?"

"Yes, honey. I see you! You're wearing a grey sweatshirt and blue shorts, right?"

"Yes! I see you, mom!" I hung up and ran towards her and throw my arms around her.

I was seeing my mom after so many months! It felt so amazing to meet her again.

"Oh, how I've missed you, Alexa!" She exclaimed.

"Me too, mom! Do you know I was sitting next to the bandmates of CNCO?" I said.

"Oh! That's amazing, sweetie. Why don't you tell me about it on the way back home? Your uncle is waiting for you at home." My mom told me with a bright smile.

My parents had shifted to Miami ten months before. Both of them worked and barely spent any time at home. My abuelita lived with us so that somebody could take care of me, when I was a child. She still lives under the same roof because she's worried that I won't be able to take care of myself.

After a long drive, two large gates opened, welcoming us to the mansion that belonged to my parents. The place was huge, not like I expected it to be a tiny plot of land or something. My parents earned a lot of money and so, I was not surprised that they were living in a mansion.

The car stopped at the front door of the beautiful house, I jumped out of the car, taking a look at the house, from the  outside.
My mom put her hand on my shoulder, "How do you like your new home, sweetie?"

Ugh. Sweetie. It reminded me of Erick.

"It's beautiful, mom!" I said, smiling.
"You can go to your room. It's upstairs, the last room on your right. I'll ask Houston to send your bags upstairs. Once you're ready, you can meet your uncle. He'll be in the living room." She said.
I walked into my new home and said, "Okay. See you in a while, mom!"

It was not very difficult to locate my room. I pushed to door open to see a big room with white walls and wooden flooring. I walked in, as I saw that most of the things I needed were already in my room. My mom had put up some photo frames in the room, adding to the beauty. I could see the perfectly mowed green grass and the main entrance from my window.

I like my room.

I went to the bathroom to take a shower and then headed downstairs to meet my uncle.
He was sitting on the couch and reading a book.

"Hola, Tio (Uncle)! Cómo estás (How are you)?" I greeted him.

"Hola, Alexa! Estoy bien, gracias (I'm fine, thank you). I was waiting for you. Take a seat." he smiled.

I sat down next to him and asked eagerly, "I'm so excited to work. Please tell me about the job that you have found for me. When do I begin? Who am I working for?"

He laughed, "Okay, okay. I'll tell you everything. You begin with school tomorrow. Your neighbour studies in the same school. You could talk to her about it. After school, I'll pick you up and we'll go to the studio where you'll meet the artists you'll be working for. I'm not telling you who it is, I want it to be a surprise."

"Okay, fine. I'll wait till tomorrow, then. I'll talk to my neighbour now and ask her about school."

"That won't be necessary. I invited her over for lunch. She'll be here any minute." My mom said, as she entered the room.

A few minutes later, I heard the doorbell, I opened the door to see a girl. She was about my age, and had long light brown hair and dark eyes.

"Hey! You must be Alexandra Santiago, right? Mrs. Fisher told me about you! I'm Melanie Benson and I'm your neighbour! Nice to meet you!" She beamed.

"Hi, Melanie, nice to meet you, too! Yeah, I'm Alexandra, you can call me Alexa or whatever you like. Please come in." I smiled back.

Yes, my parents and I don't share the same last name. I'm Alexa Santiago while they are Mr. and Mrs. Fisher.

We talked for a while, getting to know each other. She told me about school and we planned to go to school together, the next day. She talks a lot. After lunch, we went out for ice cream together, where she told me about her boyfriend. He seemed amazing and I was going to meet him in school, the next day.

We returned in the evening. We exchanged phone numbers and decided to meet outside my house, the next morning, before school.

"Good night, Alexa. I can't wait to go to school with you! I have a strong feeling that we're going to be really good friends!" She said, as she bid me goodbye.

"Good night, Mel. I think so too! I'll see you tomorrow! Bye!"

I was so tired. I changed into my spaghetti straps and PJs and made myself comfortable in bed. Tomorrow is going to be a big day for me. First day at school and I'll also be meeting the artists that I'll be working for.

I turned off the light and shut my eyes. I fell asleep within a few minutes, after being so exhausted.

-x-

A/N: That was Chapter 4! Hope you liked it. Sorry, there was no Erick in this chapter, but don't worry, the chapters will get better soon! I promise!

Now could you please be nice enough to leave a vote? Thank you! 🔥💕

4 days for Erick's birthdayyyy! I'm so excited. ❤️❤️

Keep reading and commenting. Follow me and stay tuned for updates!

- Shay x