Chapter 8 : Watch Your Step

KAITLYN'S POV

I miss Erick, already. I had to come over to my grandma's place in Barcelona because she invited me and she insisted me to come. I couldn't refuse her, and now, I'm here, in Barcelona with literally nothing to do.

I just texted Erick and he said that Spanish people are amazing. I'm going to be living here for two whole months, I might as well make some friends.

I picked up a sling bag, told my abuelita and went out for a walk. There was a garden, nearby and it was the beginning of autumn, so the evening was pleasant. The sun had not set yet and there was an orange glow, spreading in the sky. I stepped outside and walked towards the garden.

The garden was actually really pretty. It had little bushes of shrubs and tall trees, whose leaves had just started changing their colour to shades of brown and orange. Little children ran about the garden, enjoying the evening.

It was all so pretty, but still, lonely.

I clicked a picture and sent it to Erick.

Me : This place is so beautiful

Me : This place is so beautiful. 💕 It would've been more beautiful if you were here. 😩❤️

He replied a few seconds later,
Erick : Aww. ❤️ I'm glad you stepped out of the house, Mami. 😁 Did you meet anybody yet?

Me : Nope. I'm alone, taking a walk in the garden.
Him : Oh. Isn't Barcelona pretty, though? 💛
Me : It's a really beautiful place! 💕 We went to Costa Brava yesterday. The view was really breathtaking. 💕

Him : Oh! That's nice

Him : Oh! That's nice. I hope you enjoyed it. 😏❤️

I didn't realise what was happening, as I walked down the footpath. As I was texting Erick, I tripped something that I didn't see, and I would've hit the ground, hard, if a pair of strong arms wouldn't have caught me.