20) Cat-and-Mouse

Start from the beginning

"Agh! What a brat! Get that damn roach!" The man cried as he put a hand weakly over the area that had just been hit. The other men obeyed and managed to get a hold of Dick's foot. He tripped and was dragged over the hard floor. This scraped his right cheek.

Dick grunted as he kicked his foot backwards, planting his shoe harshly onto the gangster's eye. He let go of Dick's foot and pressed a hand against his eye with a grimace.

Dick took out a baton from his belt and struck the other man behind the head. He dropped to the floor, unconscious. Dick deeply inhaled and exhaled to catch his breath, but got back to work. He cut the last rope desperately.

He gave a faint smile for his mini victory, but it wasn't over yet.

"Selina, they're untied!" Dick called out. Selina smirked tiredly upon hearing this and kicked someone in the face. A moment later, even more goons entered the room, and this time they had guns.

"Run." Selina ordered, her voice deadly serious. Dick flinched but obeyed. He ran as fast as his little legs would allow and threw the doors open.

"Shoot them!" Someone shouted angrily. Selina tried her best to disarm the men without getting Dick or herself shot. "Hurry! Go!" Selina yelled.

Dick froze. He felt beads of sweat running down his forehead. Was he supposed to leave selina and the animals? He could never do that.

His moment of hesitation was interrupted when he heard the whistle of a bullet flying towards him. He swerved to the side, narrowly missing the bullet, earning a slight graze on the shoulder.

He bit his lip to hold in a cry of pain.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! He scolded himself. Dick made up his mind and ran towards the cages. This was quite possibly the most risky idea he's had yet.

"D-Robin! What are you doing!?" Selina excalimed as he whipped the gun out of four men's hands.

Dick ignored her and ran to a tiger's cage. He opened the cage door and jumped out of the way.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and bewilderedly stared at them. "What the heck?!" Somebody shrilled.

The tiger hesistantly walked out of the cage. Once it was out, it gained it's confidence and growled at the men with guns. Some of them drops their weapons in fear while others kept their stance.

Meanwhile, Selina was slowly scooting away towards Dick while they were distracted. Her eyes were opened wide but she didn't look scared. She mouth whispered, "push."

He knitted his eyebrows. He turned to where she was looking at. Oh! He understood now. Selina wanted to push the cages through the hallway and to the exit which looked like... An elevator..?!

Dick wanted to pause everything like he was in a movie and re-evaluate his life choices. Unfortunately, he couldn't actually do that, so he decided to just listen to Selina and hope for the best.

"They're getting away!" A buff man bellowed. The men clearly didn't want to kill the animal, mainly because that'd be a loss of profit, but the tiger wouldn't move, so they aimed their pistols at it. Dick widened his eyes. "Hey! Over here! Na na nana na!" He taunted randomly. His distraction worked, and the men focused on him again. That wasn't necessarily a good thing, but Dick thought it was better that they focused on him rather than the animals.