My Story ( Part 2) ✔️

Everly's Pov

I look at Liam's friends standing in front of me. I'm probably going bat shit crazy at the moment. Threatening someone who just shot a man with a baseball bat? Not my smartest move.

" The truth about what Liam?" I demand, raising the baseball bat a little higher to put enthusiasm on my words.

" Everly put down the bat."

I sigh as his words ring through my ears. I should've just tried to escape while they were busy planning my murder or something. They seemed pretty focused until I decided to open my mouth and threaten them. I'm just asking to get killer, aren't I?

" The truth Liam." I demand a little more sternly.

" Everly." he pleads, trying to calm me down as he takes a step closer. He halts in his step as I lift the bat higher. If I lift the bat more higher I might hit a light bulb instead of an attacker. I should have attended those self defense classes mom wanted me to go to.

" Why did you kill an innocent man?" I decide to skip past everything and put it straightforward.

He goes quiet. He turns around to look at the others. They all look away, pretending that they are busy. He turns back and rolls his eyes. I can just read the expression on his face. What great friends they are eh.

" He is not that innocent as you think Everly."

Not that innocent? He still murdered him in cold blood! He didn't even hesitate to shoot him. He's probably planning something worse for me at this very given moment.

" Innocent or not, you killed a man that had a family who needs to be provided for. You killed a husband and a dad. No one put you in charge of who dies and who gets to live from what I remeber."

Liam looks irritated at the end of my speach.

" He was a former gang member of another gang. He got kicked out because of his lack of loyalty and then we took him in as a runner. He was doing drug deliveries and 'lost' a shit load of drugs that cost me a lot of money. He promised to pay it back but he never got that far. "

He's part of a gang? Yes you idiot. I shake the thought out of my head and focus my attention on what is happening right now.

" So you just killed him because he owed you money? The lack of humanity you have is really amazing. I would be ashamed if I were you. "

He looks stunned at what I had to say. I can't help but let a tear slip out. I still can't get over the fact that I saw a man get killed and I couldn't do anything about it. The way Liam's lifeless eyes looked into mine and then pulled the trigger, would haunt me forever.

" When you are a gang leader you can't be a softy." he says flatly.

Oh so not only is he in a gang but he is a gang leader? As in the mafia? Damn he's only a senior in high school and he runs a gang? The most exciting thing I do is having an avengers marathon once in a blue moon. Besides from being pregnant my conscious just had to add.

" Can't be a softy? Lord forbid Liam Wells of ever having a little bit of humanity left!"

He bites on his teeth. I can clearly see that he is getting pissed off. And me pressing his buttons the whole time ain't helping. I might as well start digging my own grave.