56 (Edited)

EVELYN'S POV
Today was the military ball which means it's been four almost five months since Paisley died but we're doing really well.

But as it has been almost five months since her death that also means it been over five months since Oliver and I have done anything and he's been so sweet about it for my sake but I know he's having a hard time.

So with that being said I finally feel normal again so when we get back from the ball I was gonna surprise Oli with a very nice outfit that I was able to get a couple weeks ago from Victoria Secret.

Oli was in the downstairs bathroom getting ready only because that's where he keeps his dress blues.

So that leaves me upstairs in our bathroom to get ready and I had just gotten out of the shower and I started on my makeup.

The ball actually wasn't until 8 but with Oli being a higher rank we have to be there early which it's now 2 and we have to be there by 4.

I finished my makeup just doing something simple, I then got into my dress which Oli had yet to see.

Once I had my dress on I went back in the bathroom and started on my hair just curling it because I couldn't really be bothered to do anything more to it.

When I finished getting ready I grabbed my clutch and opened the door the leads out into the hallway.

When I got to the top of the stairs I grabbed the railing because I really didn't feel like falling in my face.

I got to the foyer and went down the hall where I knew Oli was.

I opened the door and walked into the guest bedroom going to the bathroom. "Hey babe are you ready we need to be out of here in less than thirty minutes," I asked him.

He turned and looked me up and down before his eyes finally settled on mine and he breathed out.

He closed his eyes for A brief moment. "You look beautiful love, I mean honestly stunning." He spoke in a hoarse voice as he stocked over to me, wrapping one hand around my waist and the other on my cheek.

He leaned down letting his lips met mine in a very heated kiss that makes me very excited for tonight.

We finally pulled after what felt like forever, we were both extremely heated after that kiss much like before we got married and we couldn't do anything.

He grabbed my hand lacing our fingers together. "You ready to go babygirl?" He asked as he walked us out of the guest room.

"I am, also you look very handsome you know how much I love you in your dress blues," I told him as he grabbed the keys to Audi.

Once outside he locked the door before walking me over to my said of the car and helping me in.

He rounded the car getting in himself and once he started the car he laced our fingers together once more as he reversed out of the driveway.

"And that's why I love when we have the ball and you come with so you can see me look all sexy." He said as he looked over at me with a big smirked plastered on his face.