Your family

What heroes journey would be complete without a self-imposed exile? Think about Archie Andrews just as Luke Skywalker went to planet Dagobah, so, too, has Archie been in the Canadian hinterlands, wondering what dark demons he would have to conquer before being able to finally go home. And speaking of home, since Riverdale's quarantine the crime rate in town had risen. There had been, for instance a series of daring cat burglaries. It's been five weeks since we were cut off from the rest of the world. The quarantine's been lifted, my brother and father are back, but the town still hasn't gotten its pep back. Jughead has obviously taken a notice barely letting me out of sight of Sweet Pea isn't by my side.

Now I stood walking next to him, his headphones laced his neck and we watched as Toni and Cheryl walked up with their hands entwined. "Blossom, Topaz break it up," Moose instructed walking in next to Kevin, they both turned around to look at the cadets. "Bite me Moose," Cheryl shot back. "It's one of the new school rules, all physical contact must be kept to minimum," I sighed remembering when Sweet Pea and I got in trouble for hugging before I went to class. "Well that doesn't make any sense. There hasn't been any seizures for weeks, and everything tested has come back negative," Toni commented.

"The rrotc doesn't make the rules, Toni" Cheryl stormed up to stand in Kevin's face. "No, you just enforce them like the crypto-fascists you are," she patted his chest and then turned back around "Come on T.T.," she walked back over to Toni who was holding her hand out.

And though above ground Riverdale was a haunted shell of its former self, underground, at Veronica's La Bonne Nuit life was beautiful.

******************

My long dangling silver earrings hit the side of my face walking over to greet Cheryl and Toni. "Cheryl, Toni! Welcome ladies. I've got your usual table waiting for you," Toni was scanning the room in awe and Cheryl was smirking at me.

"Merci, madame," I smiled "Enjoy," I glanced back at
Sweet Pea who was watching me from behind the bar. I walked back over Reggie and Veronica who was wearing a matching dress as me. "What's the good word Reggie?" Reggie sighed as we stepped over to his side. "The kegs are tapped out. We've got more empty bottles than full. Hell even your mock tails are selling out tonight Ronnie," I smirked at Veronica. "It's nuts," Reggie added. We turned to watch Josie sing, but in the corner of my eye I could see Reggie staring at Veronica.

I smiled and walked behind the bar sitting next to Sweet Pea. He smiled and wrapped his right arm around my waist "Your dad called," I sighed "Of course he did," he smiled and followed me outside. I pulled myself onto the bike, he sat down behind me and pushed his helmet over my head.

We drove off and when we made it to my trailer. I smiled pulling off the helmet and setting it on the leather seat. I hurried up the three steps and pulled my dad in a hug "Where's Jughead," he sighed looking down "Jughead is with Betty. He texted me to make sure you get home safely so I called you and you didn't answer and then-" "You called Sweet Pea," he nodded and I placed my hands on his shoulders. "That was the long story dad next time we can keep it short and sweet," he nodded a small smirk tugging at his lips.

"I'm assuming Sweet Pea's staying," I nodded smiling running over to my boyfriend and pulled him into our trailer.

*****************
The next day

My phone buzzed and I groaned staring at my nightstand for a few minutes. In this few minutes my phone buzzed six more times. "Babe can you get that," Sweet Pea's raspy morning voice pleaded. I sighed standing up and wiping my eyes. I pulled my phone off the cable and turned it on, groaning at the light currently burning my eyes.