Chapter Twenty.

Mulai dari awal

I saw everyone file in, what caught my attention was this boy with light brown eyes and short black hair. He came in and wouldn't stop looking in my direction. I quickly faced Rose and tried to pay attention to what she was reading. I could have sworn I had seen that face somewhere else... but I cant pinpoint him to where specifically. I read along until I heard a gruff voice say "Welcome future art makers!" with a clap of hands.

"Today is the day, you all show me what you've got! I know we've been doing a lot of things these past few weeks but today and tomorrow you guys get to make me a special pastry that you want to present. I will be grading you on creativity, managing time, taste, and colour. I hope you guys brought in your great idea hats, because the time starts now."

"Wow, we actually get to let our minds flow today." Rose said, taking out a blank sheet of paper and sitting down, I see she had to draw out her idea before constructing it. I had an idea pop in my head the second he said color. I pulled some fondue, white preferably, then a roller to flatten it out. Shaping it required a cookie cutter, as I looked through the drawers, I found one, the petals could be perfectly shaped from this. I after I had formed four petals and a leaf, I needed coloring.

I asked the professor about the coloring, when he finally noticed I wasn't a regular student, he seemed alert.

"Oh! Are you a new student?" he looked down at his clipboard and scanned it. "You must be the new transfer student! I'm so sorry I didn't notice, I had been so busy with these schedule's the school is giving me. Nice to have you here Alaine."

I smiled, half-heartedly. "Great to be here Mr. Thompson. I'm glad I got here to be able to show you how seriously I take my baking."

"Well I hope so, I'm glad to see you don't take breaks on your first day. You said you need pink, green, yellow and black right?"

I nodded as he handed me the colorings, I walked back to my table to see Rose already making something out of the fondue. She looked over at my colorings as I started to mix them and paint my petals. She showed me her work, it was going to be a cupcake with two lady bugs ontop, but the trick was they're wings were going to be opened in a heart shape.

"That's very creative Rose." I said, admiring her sketch.

"Hey, do you want to grab something to eat after this? I noticed you didn't eat lunch and I didn't bother to get much besides an apple."

"Thanks, I'd love to. You can show me around because I need to know where I can go out to eat." we finished up most of our figures, she needing to just finish the spots on the bugs and me needing to color the leaf. We put our fondue in plastic baggies and put them in the fridge. As we cleaned up our area, Mr. Thompson had excused us.

"Wait one second girls." he called to us.

We approached his desk. Rose was stunned, she looks like the usual quiet one in the class, which surprised me. She looks like a nice, out going girl. As Mr. Thompson shuffled through some papers he started to speak to us.

"So, Rose you seem to be a good girl." he looked at three papers. "Mostly A's in my class work and a model fit student. I think I can leave you in charge of showing Miss Saunders around, if you please." he looked up and smiled at me.

"No problem Mr. Thompson. I was already planning on doing so, since we have identical schedule's, I figured it's a great way to make a friend as well."

"Good, I really need you to show her around, hopefully she'll feel welcomed here."

On that note, we walked out and left the building. Although I had no idea where we were going, I looked at he campus, which was pretty big. Every student had a friend or group they tagged along with after school. Most were laughing and I couldn't help but stare at how admirable their cliques were. I was never big on cliques, thinking it was pointless to associate yourself with only a certain group of people and keep your options limited. I looked over at Rose who was talking to a guy, a tall brown haired, hazel eyed guy. He seemed to make her laugh so much. She waved me over, which is when I realized I had stopped walking along.