"You have his number?! Why?"
Matt laughed at Jay's stupidity, once again. "We're classmates, and we get along well, so why not?"
Jay bit his lip, deciding if he should do this or not.

"Give it to me."

"What?!"
Jay sighed, ready to face the battle he would have to go through to win from his stepbrother. "I know it's not good to get people's numbers like that, but-"

"20 dollars."
This time Jay was the one left shook. "Are you... selling it to me?"
"Yes, I am. Now what are you gonna do, take or leave it?" Matt actually seemed like he was totally serious.
"10."

Matt rolled his eyes. "If you really want it, you should accept my offer."
"15. Or else I'll find another way to get it."
Matt finally gave in, even though he clearly didn't want to. "Fine."

~~~~

Jay watched how Nick and Felix jumped into the clear water of the swimming pool. His friends had already arrived, but Levi was still absent. Jay wondered if he had perhaps changed his mind.

He took his phone, and opened WhatsApp. He should just message him instead. He thought for a second, and then typed: "Hey, this is Jay. I wondered if you're still coming."

He send it, and then continued: "Are you mad at me for telling you I like you, perhaps?"
Jay thought about it, and then shook his head. That couldn't be it. He clearly told Levi he only thought of him as a little brother afterwards.

He couldn't be upset about that, right?

"Hello." Levi entered the backyard, looking a bit nervous.
"Leviii!" Matt immediately ran towards him, and started talking. Jay felt something sting, when he saw how Matt put his arms around Levi, embracing him in a hug.

They were both partially naked. Wasn't this a bit inappropriate?
"Jay! Why aren't you coming to swim with us?"
Nick stood next to him all of a sudden, water dripping out of his thick, dark hair. Jay sighed, but then got up. He couldn't keep on staring at Levi forever.

He dived into the pool, and messed around a bit with his friends. They got a volleyball and played some games with it, but after that they lost interest and continued trying to drown each other.

Levi seemed to try and get away, so Jay quickly pulled him back, and put an arm around his neck, so he wouldn't be able to get away. Levi tried to push Jay away, and somehow turned around, so they were facing each other.

Jay had his arms around his neck, while Levi's hands were placed against Jay's chest. Levi tried to push him away, but didn't succeed, so he gave up, and just stared into Jay's eyes.

Jay stared back at Levi, both didn't move, except for moving their legs so they wouldn't fricking drown.
"Wow, you both are so f*cking gay for each other." Matt was sitting on the side of the swimming pool, looking at them while slowly shaking his head.

They both let go of each other immediately, and Jay though he could sense a bit of disappointment in Matt's face.
"What's going on here?" Nick asked, as he sat down next to Matt.

"Nothing." Jay got out of the water too, kinda feeling like he got caught, even though there was no reason to, since clearly nothing happened between him and Levi.
"Well these two guys-"

Jay pushed Matt into the pool, and then walked towards the house. He was being to get himself something to drink, and meanwhile think of a plan to murder his stepbrother.

He took some coke out of the refrigerator, and when he turned around, he saw Levi standing there, just looking at him in silence.
"What do you want?"

Levi started blushing for some unknown reason that Jay would really like to find out about. "N-Nothing. I was just wondering how you were doing, after Matt acting like that."

Jay smiled, feeling a bit touched by Levi being concerned with him. "Don't worry. It's just Matt. He's always fooling around like that, I'm already used to it."

"I can understand that. I mean, I also have several brothers." Jay sipped a bit of the cold drink. "Really, how many siblings do you have?"
While talking, he went outside again, and Levi followed him without asking any questions.

"Eleven." Levi simply answered, making Jay nearly choke on his drink.
"You've got to be kidding me."
Levi shook his head. "I wish I was. I have 3 older brothers, one who's 21, and then 2 identical twi brothers who are 19. Oh and let's not forget about my sister, who's 17. You've probably seen her in church before."

To be honest, Jay hadn't, since he was always staring at Levi instead, but he still nodded. They walked past the pool, and then Nick and Riven who were standing next to it, with Nick seemingly having given up on drowning Riven and now he just tried hugging him to death instead.

"You probably haven't seen the twin brothers though, since they both sit in church with their own girlfriend. And the 21 year old, David, stopped going to church as soon as he was 18 years old, so my parents kicked him out."

They arrived at the other side of the garden, where a small river stopped them from going any further, so they both said down Levi on Jay's right side, and after a short silence Levi continued: "I haven't really seen him ever since, but we do still talk on WhatsApp often."

Jay noticed how Levi got a bit teary eyed while talking about his brother. "I guess you got along well."
Levi wiped his nose, and slowly nodded. "We did..."

Jay moved closer towards him, and put his arm around his shoulders. He then pulled him closer, having Levi's head rest against his chest, while Jay buried his his face in Levi's dark blonde curls, that smelled a bit like... chlorine.

After a few minutes of them sitting like that, Jay let go of him, and wiped a tear off Levi's face. "Don't cry. It'll be fine, don't worry."
Levi seemed to be a bit confused. "I'm not crying. It's water from my hair, since we just swam. Gosh, I always get a runny nose after that."

"Oh, o- okay." Jay stuttered. Wait why did he just stutter? He never did that.
Levi laughed at him: "Aww, you lost you confidence now?"
Jay turned his body towards Levi, and quickly moved his face close to Levi's, whom just sat there and started at Jay, who was incredibly close all of a sudden.

Jay was breathing fast, while he stared into Levi's caramel coloured eyes. "J-jay."
"What if I don't just like you as a brother, Levi? What if I don't like you as a friend either? What would you do, Levi?"

Levi bit his lip. "I- Why are you asking this? Please don't confuse me, Jay."
"Confuse you with what? Tell me, why do I make you feel confused with this kind of question?"

Levi didn't answer, but instead looked at him, clearly also not knowing the answer to Jay's question.
Jay shifted his face a bit to the right, and noticed how Levi's lips would probably fit on his perfectly.

He lifted his left hand, and put it against Levi's cheek. Levi's eyes widened, something Jay had slowly gotten used to seeing, but it still made his heart flutter a bit.
He moved his face to where they were so close he could feel Levi's breath against his upper lip.

He was gonna kiss Levi today. He had imagined this for a long time, even till the point he dreamed about it, but now it was really gonna happen. And it didn't seem like his victim was gonna stop him.

Instead, Levi closed his eyes, and waited for their lips to connect. Jay felt a bit nervous, but he knew it was time. His mouth was only a few centimeters apart from Levi, when-
"Guys, you want something to dri-
Ohh, f*ck."

《END OF THE CHAPTER》

Gosh