Chapter 21 part 1

-Optimus's point of view-

Chained up against the wall and feeling numb. My optics not as bright as they used to be. I could sense my son through our bond, he was happy but yet again in pain. I didn't know what it was but I could see where he was like I normally would do for the past 4 cycles. It didn't make sense, what happened?

The cuts on my frame burned from the air, some were helping, but it didn't really matter. The energon new and old made me look as if I was a pyscopath being locked up.

My frame shook as I tried to breath in and out, I needed to get patched up, and I knew the cons wouldn't let me die, they needed me. I had no clue why but I felt it in mine and my son's spark they were planning something.

The door opened and it made me lift my helm a little to see a familiar seeker enter, holding something behind him, I could see it glow a little and I was very confused. What was it? Why was it glowing?

"You must be very comfortable if you haven't tried to escape once again." Starscream chuckled as the thing he held glowed more and more.

"I am only doing that because my son is safe from your hands. You need both of us for Primus knows what, but you won't prevail." I said firmly, but my voice was dry and it sounded as if I said every word in an angy tone.

The seeker just chuckled and looked behind him at the object, making sure it was out of my optics range of sight. He smiled darkly at the object and turned to glance at me stay silent and still.

"Jack is like you, I will have to say Lord Megatron will be pleased to know that the boy could be a potential Allie to us, but by force of course." The seeker sang as he let me get a glimpse of the object.

My optics widened as I say a boy with Raven blue hair red and blue armor with a sword on his back. A large gun fit for him in hand, the gun looking like my own. No. It was Jack, he was a soldier. Then I noticed the object to be a crystal, no, a spark fragment. My son's spark fragment.

I grew furious, they took my son's spark fragment for their own gain. Those monster know that if they do that, the spark's memories will soon be nothing leaving him an easy target for the cons to make him one of them. I need to get it some how, get to Bumblebee and find Ratchet before it is too late for him.

Starscream drew me from my thoughts as he places the spark fragment on my face, making me look at it with my optics still widened.

I saw Arcee, Smokescreen and an unfamiliar bot laying on a berth, her vitals low. I then heard a familiar voice in the picture, my spark lit up as Bumblebee spoke to Jack.  For the first time in 4 cycles I smiled. Then my smile faded as I heard they're conversation.

"We need to find Ratchet and Optimus." Bumblebee said as he looked at Jack who was still in his armor who was thinking to himself.

"How do we do that with the cons out there. Megatron wants you and since Starscream is here there is no stopping him from trying to take you prisoner." Jack said.

"How do we do that? Without alerting Starscream and his cons from finding me of course." Bumblebee said.

Jack thought before speaking again.

"Me and my team will try to locate Ratchet or give him a transmission to come back to base. If we don't then we need to use bait." Jack paused when he said this and I already knew what he was going to say.

"Jack, no!" Miko was the one to answer I was surprised to see her hair down and all black too.

"It's me Starscream wants, he's been toying with me ever since Ratchet started finding energon mines. I can't have any of my team or my family risk their lives for something that I am responsible for!" And that was when the spark went blank making my horrified look stare back at me.

"Why are you trying to hurt them!" I growled as I pulled on the chains, I intend to hurt the seeker, he was going to hurt my son, my team, and now a young adult who is trying to keep his planet safe from the cons claws.

Starscream chuckled as he walked out. I heard him mutter to himself.

"I will have a lot of fun using Jack against his team. It will be entertaining."Starscream mumbled as he left leaving me to my thoughts.

-Ratchet's point of view-

I swerved out the way as Decepticon seekers shot at me with blaster fire. I nearly caused myself to crash at least 4 times now! Contacting base was a no go, they didn't respond to the transmission. The cons must be jamming my signal to the base.

I can't just lead them to the base, I need to loose them somehow or not go to base at all. I made a promise to keep the humans safe for Optimus's sake or at least for myself. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to the children, it wouldn't be the same without them.

Even if Miko had 100 doubles of her younger self running around base. Raf and Jack I would miss the most. Raf is understanding and can be helpful in many ways. He is like Bumblebee but a tiny bit more smarter and selfless.

Jack was a whole different story. Jack was like Orion and that made me happy to know that I had a part of my old friend there even if it was a human, he was still strong. But like Optimus, the war changes people. Jack was a humble human and very selfless became intelligent, strong, brave, and even more selfless.

I was drawn from my thoughts when shots fired at me. I needed to think of something, fast.

-To be continued-