“Great” he huffed and followed Blaine in the jewelry store. 

“So what type of present are we looking for?” Finn asked Blaine. He’d been smart and bought Rachel's presents weeks ago. 

“Yeah are we talking earrings, necklace or rings?” Puck asked as he looked at some of the things on display. 

Blaine ran his hand through his hair nervously “Um rings” he told them. 

“Ok, so what like a birthstone or something?” Finn asked not taking his eyes of the gorgeous diamond ring he had found. He smiled when he thought of how great it would look on Rachel's finger. 

“No I was thinking diamond,” he told him. 

Finn and Puck both looked up suddenly. 

“What? You think it’s too soon?” he asked them self-consciously. 

“No I guess not,” Puck told him. “I’m just wondering if your bank account is big enough for an Isabel style diamond” Puck joked. 

Blaine pushed his chest out before answering, “I think I’ve got it covered” 

“Blaine, you sure about this?” Finn asked. He liked Blaine and he knew that Isabel loved him but they hadn’t been dating for very long. 

“Yeah I am,” he admitted. “Think she’ll say yes?” he asked. 

“I’m sure she will” Finn smiled at him. 

“It just seems right,” he told them. 

“Did you ask my dad?” Finn asked then. He didn’t think Isabel would care about that sort of thing, or his dad for that matter but Finn was wondering what the edict was with this sort of thing for when he was ready to ask Rachel. 

“No” Blaine swallowed “should I have?” 

“Nah it will be fine. Isabel probably would have been offended that he knew before she did,” he laughed trying to make Blaine feel better. 

“Good” he sighed. “Ok so help me out here guys because I need the perfect ring” he told them. 

Isabel and Rachel were looking at some watches in a shop window when Quinn spotted the smaller jeweler and went over to have a look. 

She was looking in the window when she thought she saw someone familiar. 

Opening the door she peered inside and sure enough all three of them were there “Puck!” she called out. 

Puck turned when he heard someone call out to him and when he saw Quinn his face paled. He remembered Finn saying that the girls were all going shopping that day. 

“What are you doing here?” he asked. “Where are the other girls?” 

Quinn frowned “I’m shopping, what are you doing here?” 

“We’re shopping too and you sooo can’t be here,” he told her rushing over to push her out of the door before Blaine spotted her. 

“Why not?” she asked peering over his shoulder to see what Finn and Blaine were looking at and when she spotted it she gasped. 

“Oh my god” she cried. “Is he going to…?” she asked. 

Puck sighed. “Yes alright which is why you can’t be here and especially why Isabel can’t” 

“Isabel?” she asked confused. 

“Yes Isabel” he pointed out but then he realized that Quinn had thought it was Finn that was looking at rings. 

Quinn's face broke out in a brilliant grin then “Oh this is so exciting, wait till I tell Rachel ” she said. 

“No!” Puck cried. “You can’t tell anyone about this Quinn it’s a surprise and it wont be if everyone knows before Isabel does” 

“Ok” she said not sure why Puck was so worried about this “I can keep a secret” she told him. 

“Good” Puck smiled finally looking down at her and seeing her flushed features. 

“How’s the shopping anyway?” he asked peering at her bags. 

“Good, almost done” she told him. “But Rachel is still shopping for Finn's present and I think this will be the next stop” she told him. 

“Well you’re going to have to stall them,” Puck said. 

“How?” Quinn cried. Did he really think that she was capable of stopping Isabel and Rachel if they really wanted to do something? 

“I don’t know but I’m sure you can’t think of something. In the meantime I’ll hurry Blaine and Finn along” he told her. 

“Ok” she sighed. 

“Great well I’ll see you later” he told her. 

“Yeah” she smiled and that as an afterthought “did you maybe want to have diner tonight?” she asked. 

Puck was shocked, in the few months they had known each other Quinn had never initiated any of the contact between them, and he wondered what was different now. 

“Um yeah sure that sounds great” he smiled. 

“So you’ll pick me up around eight?” she suggested. 

“Sure” he nodded. 

“Great it’s a date” she smiled and when she saw Puck's eyes widen she quickly turned and rushed back towards where Rachel and Isabel were. 

Puck was still grinning when he went back inside the store. 

“What are you so happy about?” Finn asked. 

“I’ve got a date tonight” he said proudly. 

“Cool” Finn smiled. 

“Quinn where did you go?” Rachel asked when she rushed back over. 

“Oh my god I need your help” Quinn was panicking now. How could she go out on a date with Puck, she’d never dated a guy before and what would she wear? 

“Calm down Quinn, what’s wrong?” Rachel asked. 

Quinn smiled then. “I just asked Puck out on a date” she told them. 

“Puck's here?” Isabel asked looking around and wondering if Blaine was with him. 

“Focus Isabel” Rachel grinned. “Oh Quinn that’s wonderful” she told her. 

Quinn's turned panicky again then. “What the hell am I going to wear?” she asked. 

Rachel and Isabel both chuckled at her then. “Come on sweetie, we promise that we’ve got you covered” they told her as they started leading her back towards the area of the mall where all the clothing stores were. 

Mission accomplished.