Chapter 39

“Rachel are you ready?” Isabel yells up the stairs. 

Her flight was due to leave in two hours and she wanted to get on the road in case they got stuck in traffic. 

“Shit” Rachel cursed up stairs. Rachel hadn’t expected her to want to leave for another half an hour yet. 

“Just a minute I need to go to the toilet,” she yelled. 

Picking up the phone she quickly dialed Blaine's cell phone “You need to get over here now, she wants to leave and I’m running out of excuses” she whispered into the phone once he picked up. 

“Ok, I’m on my way,” he told her. 

Dragging out her trip to the bathroom for as long as she can, Rachel finally hurried down the stairs ten minutes later. 

“I’ll just go grab the car and park it out the front then I’ll come back up and help you with your bags” she suggested. 

“Its ok I only have the one I’ll just come with you” Isabel said. Rachel was acting very strange and she wasn’t sure why. 

Rachel opened her mouth to try and argue with Isabel but stopped when she heard the doorbell. “Why don’t you grab that and I’ll go and get a bottle of water?” she said. 

“What the hell is wrong with her?” she mumbled to herself as she reluctantly dropped her bag and headed for the door. 

Isabel had no idea who it could be; most people would still be at work. 

“Yes?” she asked when she opened the door, not paying attention to the person on the other side. 

“Wow I expected a better hello then that” Blaine joked. 

Isabel’s eyes shot up when she heard his voice “Blaine!” she said surprised. 

“Hi Princess” he grinned. 

“Oh my god” she shrieked before jumping into his arms. 

Blaine dropped his bags just in time to catch her. 

Rachel popped her head around the corner and grinned when she saw Blaine and Isabel in a tight embrace and then quietly crept out of the room to give some privacy. 

“God what are you doing here?” Isabel asked when she pulled back. 

“Well…” Blaine said sheepishly looking down at his suitcases. 

It was then that Isabel realized that Blaine didn’t just have an over night bag he had two very large suitcases. 

“Blaine?” she questioned. “I thought I was coming to visit you, I even booked the flight?” she said. 

“I wanted to surprise you,” he explained. 

Isabel grinned at her handsome boyfriend then “well that’s a lot of bags for a weekend visit” she chuckled. 

Blaine chuckled nervously “yeah, do you think I could come in?” he asked. 

“Oh of course” Isabel replied quickly stepping aside to let him in. 

“So what’s with the bags?” she asked once they were in the living room, she also noted as she looked around that Rachel had disappeared and she wondered if she had been in on Blaine's surprise visit from the start. 

“Well” Blaine started running his hand through his sheepishly; things weren’t going the way he planned. Firstly he had hoped Isabel would be so thrilled with his arrival that she would be too pre-occupied to be asking all these questions and secondly he hadn’t really worked out what he was going to say.