S E V E N T E E N - A B I G A L E M U L L I N S

Clocking in, I put my card into my shirt's pocket, as I walked into the lobby of the bank.

"Good morning," one of the workers came up to me, "I'm Ms. Lacey, and are you ready to start work?"

"Of course I am," I smiled as I shook her hand, "I am ready as I would ever be!"

Ms. Lacey showed me into the room where all of the bank tellers were working.

As I met all of the workers that I would be working beside, I was shocked at one of the workers.

"Nice to meet you..." I said to the worker, hesitantly wanting to shake their hand.

"Do you two know each other?" Ms. Lacey asked the two of us.

"Ms. Lacey," the guy looked at her, "we've grown up together.... She's like one of my best friends..."

"That's good to know," Ms. Lacey smiled at both of us, "you two would have fun working with each other."

She left us alone, as we stood awkwardly beside each other.

"Hello, Abigale," he waved and smiled, "how are you doing on this fine morning?"

"I'm doing fine Clarence," I smiled and waved back at him, "how are you doing on this fine morning?"

"It was shitty," he laughed, "until you showed up..."

All of a sudden, I've became weak on my knees, my stomach began twirling inside, and my throat began to tingle.

Without saying anything to Clarence, I barged out of the room and ran into the women's restroom.

Gladly, no one else was in there. I went into one of the stalls, getting on my knees, and began puking my brains out.

I heard someone enter inside of the women's restroom, walking quickly towards my stall.

"Mrs. Mullins," Ms. Lacey called for me, knocking at the stall, "are you okay sweetheart?"

"Yes," I said as I flushed the toilet, "I'm perfectly fine."

"That's good to hear," the happy worker cheered with relief, "than that means that you can come back and work for us..."

"Yippy!" I said, not in the mood—getting up off my knees from the floor.