F O U R T E E N - A B I G A L E M U L L I N S

My house in Valdosta, Georgia was filled with ramblings of children. They ran all over the place, making my house seem unrecognizable...

But, I wasn't paying any attention to the little rascals, because I was too busy responding to the text messages of Clarence, my ex...

"Kids, sit down before I ground you for the rest of the week." My aunt-in-law yelled to her children.

As usual, they listened and obeyed their mother.

"So how has the married life been treating you two?" Joan asked me as Lawrence was too busy upstairs, cleaning up the guest room where his mother slept in.

"It's amazing," I told her as I put my phone face down on my lap, "it's not like anything that I've imagined honestly... It's like our relationship got so much better when we decided to tie the knot."

"Trust me honey," Joan said to me as she got up from the couch, "I know what you mean..."

It seemed as if she was leaving, which happened to be true.

  She grabbed her purse and put it's wraps on her shoulders.

"The kids and I will miss you guys for three weeks..." she admitted to me.

"Why," I asked, "what's going on?"

"In two days, it'll be the anniversary of my children's father's death. So we will be visiting his family."

"Oh I understand," I told her, feeling for her loss, "go ahead, we'll take good care of Maggie for you."

"I know you will..." she smiled as she walked over to the entrance door, informing her children that it was time for them to leave.

"We're gonna miss you Abby..." Maxwell told me, giving me a huge, generous hug.

"I'm gonna miss you too," I said with a big smile, "I'm gonna miss all of you..."

I watched as Joan and her children left my house.

  They were so sweet to me, so nice and kind; something that I haven't had in so long, and I loved that about them.

How could someone like her be related to someone like Maggie Mullins?

  Were they real sisters? Were they adopted? If they are blood related then what happened during their lives, because Maggie and Joan Mullins are totally two complete different people with two complete different personalities. One is nice as ever and the other is completely disrespectful and gives me a bad taste to my mouth.

Before getting up from the couch, my phone dinged; I thought it was Clarence again, but it wasn't.

  Instead, it was someone that I least expected to text me out of the blue. Why would Lawrence's ex text me out of the blue? Why would Rachel text me out of the blue?

What she did at the wedding was so unforgiveable. What her and THAT GUY she was with did at my wedding was so unforgiveable.

I ignored the text message, but that didn't stop the woman from texting me more than once.

"Abigale," the text message read, "I know I've said some things, but I was wondering if we could meet up somewhere..."

Why would she want to meet up with me? We don't have any connections together, so why does she want to speak to me?

I hate the girl, I will forever hate the girl for what she did to me and for what she did at my wedding.

  She can go to hell for all I care, it doesn't really matter. She did what she did and there's nothing that she could do to take any of that back.

"Aren't you in Alabama?" I responded to the text...

I thought about it for a moment, I regretted it. I regretted responding to Rachel's text message. I really felt like a dumbass texting that girl after she came to crash my wedding and ruin my special day.

Trying to quickly delete the message that I sent to her, she responded back instantly.

"I'm in Atlanta for the weekend," the reply stated, "come meet me... maybe tomorrow?"

Thinking to myself, I thought why would this girl want to meet with me, WHY DID SHE WANT TO MEET WITH ME!?

I don't have ANY TYPE of relationship with this woman, NOR does Lawrence anymore, so she really doesn't have a reason to be texting me...

But, still, she wanted to meet with me so there has to be a true reasoning behind her wanting to actually meet up. It has to be a real reason and nothing petty, I hope not...

"Sure," I responded to her text, reluctantly, "I'll meet you in Atlanta tomorrow, just text me when and where later on..."