F I V E - M I C H A E L P A L S B Y

Honestly, I thought our friendship was over, but I guess my thoughts are wrong sometimes.

  Abby told me to meet her at a restaurant. It seemed like she was asking me out... asking me out on a date. Well, I took it as if she was asking me out.

  To just be prepared for anything, I dressed up nicely for her in a suit. Hopefully it changed her mood from the last time that we saw each other.

  I could hear heels tap the floor loudly. My eyes were looking at the floor, looking for the heels responsible for the tapping, the clicking, and the walking.

  Purple colored heels, I looked at the body as it got closer and closer, it was Abigale...

  Abby really showed up to see me. I was surprised, I was shocked. For a moment, I thought she wasn't going to show up after the last time that we've seen each other.

  "Hey, Mike," Abby said to me.

  Instead of responding, I waved with a smile.

  "Again," I said, "I would like to apologize for my behavior from the last time that we met."

  "It's alright, I'm over it," she said, smiling at me, "if I wasn't over it, do you think I would be sitting here talking to you?"

  "No," I said with a smile, "I know you too well."

  "I see," she added on, "because you showed up. And you're all dressed up."

  I blushed... I tried to hide it, but it was too late. Abigale saw the blush, but she smiled and said no comments about it.

  "So why did you want to meet up?" I asked her.

  "Well," she said while looking at the restaurant food menu, "I really need some advice. I went to see my uncle and his children and I forgave them for all the crap that they've done to me. And the last person that I have to forgive is, Kelsie. But I don't know if I want to go see her or not..."

  "It's easy to forgive than to let it all build up inside of you." I told her while taking a sip of my water.

  "I really want to tell you something," I tried explaining to her, "I've been having this build up inside of me for a long time. And I think I should let it all out, just like you are letting it all out to your family..."

  "Be honest with me Mike," she said holding my hand from across the table, "I'm always honest with you."

  All the pressure was finally released from me. She seemed okay; she seemed understandable, so to me, it wouldn't be weird to finally confess to her in the mood that she was in.

  "I love you, Abigale." I confessed my love to her.

  I thought she would at least crack a smile, but she didn't.

  She stood there, staring at me in shock, as if I did something wrong again...

  "Why would you say that?" Abigale asked me.

  "Because I really do love you..."

  "I'm sorry Mike," she said getting up from the table, "I can't think of you that way. I'm still in love with Lawrence."

  "Why are you still in love with that piece of crap?" I said standing up.

  I guess I was speaking loudly, because I got the whole restaurant's attention, we were their main focus of entertainment I guess.

  "I love him more than I love you," she continued to explain to me, "I can't love you the way that I love Lawrence. He's my only love. And you, you're just a friend. And I can't fall in love with a guy with the same name as the man who abused me..."

  She walked off, not saying another word. It was like deja vu all over again...

  She didn't say anything else to me while she walked off. At that point, it seemed as if our relationship was ended FOR GOOD this time...