S I X T E E N - M A S O N C L A R K

A phone call that came out of a blue, I haven't heard from her since a few weeks ago—there's recent text messages, but we've never communicated until after the wedding...

"Mason," she said as I answered the phone, "I've got the job!"

"Congratulations," I congratulated her, "I knew you could do it, I knew you could do it!"

Despite the job not being in Valdosta, where she lives, she is happy to work in Atlanta, at a bank.

Not only was I happy for her, but I needed her opinion on something really serious.

"I need your opinion on something right quick..." I threw at her.

"Anything," she said, "what do you want my opinion on?"

As I was in a room by myself, I sought down in the rolling chair, patting the empty patient bed as I try to speak to her.

"I want to see my parents..." I told her.

"A-are you sure about that Mason," she warned me, "are you sure that you really want to do that? You know once you go for it, there's no turning back..."

"I know," I explained to her, "but I just want to show them who their son became. I want them to know how I've grown up without them, wanting them to be proud of me. I want them to regret what they did, mostly him..."

"I know how you feel, Mason," Abigale went on, "just be careful. If you are going forward with this, just be careful... That's the only thing that I could say to you."