F O U R - L A W R E N C E M U L L I N S

The screeching chains attached to the swings brought back so many memories.

  "Push me harder babe!" Rachel asked me while enjoying her swing in the air.

  "Of course Abigale..." I shockingly replied.

  Rachel immediately wanted me to stop swinging her. I did as she wanted, and she looked at me knowing that there's something wrong with me.

  "Who's Abigale?" Rachel asked me confused. "Why did you call me Abigale?"

  "I'm sorry," I tried explaining to her while sitting on the swing seat next to her, "Abigale was my fiancé. We just called off our engagement a few weeks ago."

  She seemed heartbroken and really intrigued, so she sought next to me, "Why did you two decide to call it quits?"

  "We weren't seeing eye to eye actually," I went on, "she told me stuff that I truly refused to believe. She didn't want to accept my decision so we ended it."

  "Listen to me Lawrence," Rachel said while holding my hand, "she wasn't the one for you. If she truly loved you, she would've accepted the fact that you had your mind sought on your beliefs and shouldn't have went against it. I would've never done that to you."

  "You would never?" I asked her, smiling while looking into her eyes.

  "I would never..." Rachel responded to me smiling right back at me, looking into my eyes as well.

  She wanted me, I wanted her, and we both wanted the same thing.

  "I want to admit something to you, but I don't want you to laugh at me for it." Rachel tried confiding to me.

  "Say what's on your mind babe," rubbing her cheek softly, "I won't think different of you..."

  "Well," she went on to explain her deepest secret to me, "we grew up really good friends, but those feelings changed during the years. My feelings grew deeper for you as we got older. I didn't like you; I loved you--like really, really loved you. I had a crush on you, but I didn't want to reveal any of that to you because you probably didn't feel the same way that I felt about you."

  "I don't judge," I explained to her, "Deep in my heart, I knew you had something for me. I just didn't want to say anything, because you would've probably been embarrassed that anyone found out. I didn't want our friendship to end because of it. I was just waiting on you to reveal it to me, on your time. I know you love me, and I'm happy to say that I feel the exact same way about you."