O N E - A B I G A L E R U S S E L L

I feel shook, shook with disbelief. The day has finally come; after just four years of being with this guy, being with this nice, intelligent, human being. I could definitely call him mine forever.

  The way his blue eyes sparkled like stars made me quiver in my bed as I laid in it, although they resembled the ocean, to the memory that I remember  drowning in the pool, both accidentally and purposely. I loved that his imperfect mole laid on the corner of his lips, making his perfect face imperfect, just for my imperfect body.

  My body resembles a tortured soul that would be distasteful to look at, distasteful to unclothe. Underneath my colorful shirt rested my battle scars, scars that I weren't too proud of. The scars of past cuts were from someone that I thought I could trust, family.

  Sometimes I questioned to God, "When will this end?" "When will he 'accidentally' mess up?" "Why is he so perfect?" But, I soon realize that it's better off to not question God for what he has gave me.

  I'm glad that I could wake up right next to my side to see his beautiful face. His short blonde hair made his eyes more irresistible. The white covers covered his entire lower body; but, his upper half was still in my view.

  I know I shouldn't question, but why am I so lucky to have Mr. Lawrence Dilly Mullins in my life?

  His morning breath blew directly in my face, which I thought was disgusting, but I didn't mind because I truly loved him. Lawrence's upper half rose up from the bed and rested on the headboard of the bed, wrapping his right arm around me. I smiled as he smiled back at me, making me feel comfortable in my own skin, as he always does.

  The man that I loved raised his left hand, to tap on my small nose. I tickled with amusement, love, and softness. I wrapped both my hands around Lawrence's waist, feeling his hard abs against my arms. His chin rested on the mountain top of my head.

  While I was "so cuddled up" with my true love, I looked at the calendar that stood on the wall, nailed in. It was March 6th of the year 2017--the day that Lawrence and I had to pack our bags.

  "Are you ready for this day?" My lovely man questioned me while he smoothly rubbed the invisible hairs that stood on my arm. I hesitated, but the day was coming no matter what.

  "I don't know what to feel about the day, well tomorrow." I told Lawrence, not feeling confident at all.

  "Why are you so afraid? What could possibly go wrong?" He asked me honestly, with no fear in his heart.

  "Everything," I continued, "everything could go wrong."

  Tomorrow was the day that both Lawrence and I were going to visit my family for the first time. He will be visiting my parents; but knowing my parents, Lawrence would probably meet my whole family.

  "There is nothing to worry about, my love," He smiled at my worried face with his morning breath as he continued to speak directly to me, "we got each other. That's the only thing that matters. That's the only thing, nothing else. Always remember that."

  Feeling so comfortable with him, I got up from our queen-sized bed,  removing my rainbow colored shirt and exposing my embarrassing scars that stretched all the way from my abdomen to my back.

  "You are so beautiful," Lawrence informed me as he always did, "so beautiful."

  "Stop that Lawrence," I continued to beg him to discontinue, "you don't have to kiss my confidence up. I know that I am disgusting to look at."