Chapter nine

Little Love Postcards

____________

Chapter nine

I quickly snapped a picture of the scenery in front of me. I wanted my eyes to take in every breathtaking detail of the city from above. The Arc de Triomphe sure had a beautiful view.

Paris stretched out in a spiderweb way, the place where I was standing being the center of the web.

Green overlapped the buildings as a breeze let the tall trees wave. I smiled to myself, being a typical tourist.

I was glad that I packed in sneakers as I have being walking on foot since I left the hotel. Zac had an important business issue to take care of, so I decided that I needed to go do sight seeing.

I started descending from the roof, clutching my camera in my hands. From the corner of my eye, I saw a young blonde girl running down the steps behind me with excitement. She darted past me while screaming "he's here!"

I laughed at her enthusiasm and reached the floor level, placing my worn out sneakers on the paving.

The streets roared with engines and horns. Paris sure was busy during daytime. The cafés were packed, and luckily I saw an open table. Deciding that I needed to treat myself, I headed for the entrance.

I suddenly heard a deafening crash as my feet were swept from underneath me. I completely lost my balance and collapsed on the pavement, scratching my wrist.

The first thing that caught my attention was the pieces of small broken glass, which were scattered all around me.

"Oh, why?" Muttering under my breath, I clutched my camera to my chest in horror. The whole screen was broken and cracked.

"Je suis tellement désolé!"

Two charcoal colored sneakers stood in front of me. They always say that you can learn a lot of a man by looking at his shoes.

Well, in this case it's obviously a guy who likes All Stars. He is preferably young and a tourist who also has to walk a distance. He might even be lost, and clumsy as he ran into me.

I slowly looked up to see his face with my hair covering mine from the attack. "Excuse me?" I softly whispered, because nothing prepared me for the sight in front of me.

The sun shone like a halo behind him, casting a heaven like glow around his face. His dark hair fell clumsily over his forehead. Though his eyes stood out the most. They were even a shade bluer than Zac's eyes. "Oh, you're American. Thank god."

I laughed as he held out his hand to help me up. "I suck at speaking french. I said in my best attempt, that I'm sorry." He smiled and the moment seemed to put me in a daze.

"You're American too." I finally opened my mouth. Technically, I was speechless from his beauty.

"Yes. I'm Tobias." He said, holding out his hand for me to shake. "Elle," Fireworks cursed through me as we shook hands. His were soft and gentle.

"So, how could I repay you for breaking your camera? Could we discuss that over coffee?" He asked with a wink and I rolled my eyes. "Is Mr Tobias asking me on a date? How do I know you're not a serial killer?" I glared at him and he chuckled.

"Follow me. I know a great place." He walked and I followed. A small smirk passed his lips as we neared the deli.

"If you don't mind me asking, why is a girl like you walking the streets of Paris alone? Paris is the city of love, so did you bring a lover?" Tobias asked as we stood at the counter of the deli.

"I had free time so I decided to leave the hotel and walk around for a bit. My friend-" I still didn't know how to refer to Zac. We aren't lovers yet, are we? "-has important business to take care of." I smiled at him while picking out Macarons and a coffee. Tobias ordered the same.

After paying and sitting down at a table, I asked him the same question. "And what about you?"

"Well, I came here for business, as well as a convention." He took a sip of his coffee while he pierced me with his mesmerizing eyes. "Convention? You mean that accounting one?" I blabbered through bites. He nodded at me. "How did you know?"

"Oh well, Zac is here for the same reason." I watched as his expression became solid. His eyes lost sparkle, as if I said something wrong. "Zachary Kenny?" He chocked.

"Yes. That would be my friend." I replied. The tension grew thicker.

Tobias looked down and picked his treats. "How do you know him?" I asked. His eyes shot up once again as he spoke. "Everybody knows him. He is the most successful business owner in the country. He makes the newspaper headlines everyday."

He chuckled before continuing, "He is like Christian Bale in Batman. The last I heard from the media was his affair with some British model. Though I must say, they haven't mentioned you before." He leaned forward on the table as it was my time to choke. I've never seen his name in the media. I didn't know he was that well known. "British model?" I second guesses myself.

"Yes." He barely whispered. I could see there was a story he wasn't telling. Maybe a history they shared.

"Well anyways, let us get back to your camera. I could buy you a new one, if you would like?" he stated.

"I-uh. That's not necessary. It was outdated anyways. I'll manage without it." I said. The camera was the last thing on my mind at the moment.

He shrugged while showing his pearly whites. "Alright then. I'll make it up to you in other ways."

He received a phone call and answered. He stood up while muttering a few words to the person on the other end of the line. "I'm sorry, but I have to go. I'll see you around, Elle." he said after placing a kiss on my hand.

After he left, I continued drinking my coffee and eating my Macarons. I suddenly felt something papery inside my mouth. With wide eyes, I looked down at my takeaway box to find a white note with a bite in it. I carefully opened it and laughed.

517 555 3241 Please feel free to call me, beautiful. I still need to make it up to you.

-Tobias.

***

Hi everyone! I just need to take a moment to thank you for reading! It means so much that this book is doing better than I ever imagined, and I couldn't be more thankful.

Lots of love, El.