Chapter eight

Little Love Letters

_____________

Chapter eight

Conner understood as I explained to him I wasn't ready yet and I needed time. It was for a very good reason though. I wanted our first to be special and not rushed.

I sigh as we head back to school, all the classes had already started. I curse myself for not setting at least an alarm or something.

"You know what," Conner says and I give all my attention to him stopping me by the big oak tree.

"Let's skip class and go somewhere else," he smiles while stating that, holding my hands in his. A perfect fit like always.

I narrow my eyes. It's a really bad idea and we could get into a lot of trouble.

But it's maybe the only way to forget about everything that happened at the fountain. We put it behind us, but I know the tension is still hanging in the air.

"You know it's probably the last time I'm going to see you this week," he probably sensed the war going on inside my head.

"I'd love to it's just...just promise me we won't get into trouble," I reply but I know he can't guarantee that.

"What are we going to do then?" I curiously ask and I see the slightest spark inside of his eye. He seems like a fat kid who just got fed chocolate cake, a heap load of it.

"Well I thought of going to the cinema and yelling fire at the audience. They would all probably run out," he says and I laugh straight from my belly.

"But just wait, I need to get my bag quickly," I say while darting towards the building.

"Wait!" he grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"I will do it, just stay here by the tree." he says and I smirk. He is such a gentleman.

I lean against the tree, just to find a carved out 'K+G' in the bark.

That kinda reminds me of the carvings near that little park.

I hope I'm going to find this person, through all the letters, carvings and graffiti, he must have left a clue. There has to be something.

But what does The Mysterious C matter when I have my own C, Conner. I like him very much, and it feels like I'm falling for him. Everyday I find myself smiling and it's because of ..him.

You would be really dumb if you couldn't see it. The way he makes me feel is indescribable. He does it just by winking at me.

How cheesy is that.

Conner Williams, I'm truly in love with you.

Maybe you should just tell him, idiot.

Maybe I should.

I divert my attention to a noise coming from around the block. Somebody was screaming and I make my way towards the high pitched sound. I see a girl, about fifteen years old running to the outside and coming around the block.She looks traumatized.

She stops when she spots me.

Before I could say anything or ask her what happened, she runs towards the school exit gate with her blonde locks bouncing at impact.

I then hear a loud gun shot.

It feels like a moment of silence, like everything is a blur inside of my head. I only hear my breathing, in and out.

Everything, even the tree disappears and I'm standing alone in a white room, just closing my eyes.

To snap me out of it,everything just turns into chaos.