Chapter nine

Little Love Letters

_____________

Chapter nine

The time I've spent at the hospital was awful. I've seen how days were made when somebody survived surgery and the parents of the child hug each other dramatically.

I also saw how lives were crushed in a instant. Families gather around the doctor to hear what he has to say, but it ain't always good.
They burst out into tears and gather around each other.
That sight even made me tear up.

People's hearts were so valuable and precious. Bad news can take a piece of your heart day by day. To take a bigger piece out of mine, is the fact that I caused this.

I wonder if the doctor will tell us any good. I hope he does, otherwise I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
This haunts me minute by minute.

I wipe the tears running down my cheeks with my hands. I can constantly feel the hot moisture on my face. I haven't stopped crying, who wouldn't?

I'm scared Mrs.Williams, Conner's mom would blame me for this. I'm scared she would ban me from seeing Conner because I'm the reason this happened.

It could go either way.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. My eyes were burning from the tears. I probably looked like the horse's butt.

I hear clicking heels coming closer towards me. The closer it becomes, the faster the heels click.

When I slowly open my eyes, a woman with a sad expression on her face comes towards me.
I jump up and walk towards her, whom arms are wide open.

She was followed by a young girl with long, wavy brunette hair. Her eyes were the same, her smile was the same, even her face reeked of Conner's.

"Darling, I'm so sorry about how I treated you. It was just that... Conner hadn't found the one and I was sure it was Candice..." she says with a sniff while hugging me. I felt her embrace comforting.
Right now I didn't care about who did what, or any apologies, I care about my guy, Conner.

When she pulls away she continues, the tears visible in her brown eyes.
"But you, the way he told me about you, the things he said changed my mind completely. You are the one,"

Yes, I'm the one that caused this. I'm the one that didn't feel the same because I didn't realize it. I was stupid and selfish.

After she and her traumatized daughter were sitting, I headed to the bathroom.

My mirror image looked completely worse than I imagined. My hair was all ruffled and messy in the fish tail braid, and my mascara was running down my cheeks. My eyes had these dark bags under them. I looked horrible.

I let my hair loose and washed my face to refresh myself. I looked a lot better, but that still didn't change the way I looked inside.

Broken.

As I'm walking in the hallways, I find it hard to keep my balance.
I walk slower and slower whilst leaning on the wall.
I reached the waiting area but nobody was sitting there.

As I turn around, I find Mrs.Williams and Kathy, I presume was her name, talking with the doctor.
He probably caught them on the way back from the coffee shop because I spotted two cups in their hands.

I wanted to go over to them and listen to what he has to say, but my feet were dragging. I was weak, I was weak without Conner.

I realized it wasn't good news as Mrs.Williams was crying and dropped the coffee cups.