You're Safe (Evan Hansen x Fem!Reader!)

Requested: District2Victor
Prompt: 225. "Look at me - just breathe, okay?"
Info: Musical: Dear Evan Hansen
Character: Evan Hansen
Reader type: Female
Prompt: 225 (Look at me - just breathe, okay?)
Plot: The reader and Evan are at the park when Evan just gets up and goes to a secluded section in the woods. The reader follows him, and finds him leaning against the tree, having a panic attack. The reader helps Evan through it, and Evan explains that it was because of the crowd of people that day
~~~
I only get off the bench for a second, just to go over to one of the venders to buy ice cream for the both of us. Him vanilla and me (f/ic). I finish paying and I turn back to see Evan walking speedily away towards the fenced off area of the park. Quietly cursing to myself for not realizing the situation, I leave the ice cream and run after my boyfriend.

I ignore the calls from the man at the stand, and quietly try to catch up to him. I come to the gate, and try to figure out how he vanished. My breathing becomes ragged as I fail to notice the huge hole in the gate and climb over the fence. My ankles burn from the drop, but ignore it and sorry to find my boyfriend.

"Evan??" I call out, and immediately hear the sound of his anxiety driven breathing. "Ev I'm here. Give me one second. You just gotta tell me where you are. You're safe, I promise you that you are safe Ev. But i need to know where you are."

After a minutes of repeating that he is safe, he regains enough breath to call from a tree ten yards away from where I currently stand.

"Evan. Oh my god you ha me worried sick. You know if you are feeling like this, that you come to me, not the other direction babe." I joke with him, while running a hand through his hair and pulling his shaking body towards mine.

"I-I-I-I'm Sorry." He sputters.

"No no no. I'm just joking with you love. You don't need to apologize."

He nods and I encourage him to use his breathing exercises, in hopes of his heart rate to go down.

It takes a good ten minutes of reminding him that he's with me and that he's safe, along with lots of deep breaths to get him fully calm.

"Are you alright now love?" I ask him, quietly, my hand still running through his hair to try and get his nerves to calm.

He sits up slightly and positions himself calmly in my lap, his head against my shoulder and his legs over my crossed ones.

"Y-Yea.. for now." He sighs.

"Good. Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I just got overwhelmed again is all.." he reply's sheepishly. "The crowds got to me."

"That's ok. At least you're safe here." I smile. "We should probably leave though, seeing as we are technically trespassing."

"Good idea"

~~~
I honestly really like this one. It's heccin cuTE

anyways, imma try and update tomorrow as well as Tuesday, since tomorrow I have the day off from school and I'm kinda behind so yea.

Byeeeeee!

~~Griffon~~