Reality

"I hate this new law!"

Zane rubbed his arm as he looked down, taking in a deep breath and exhaling it in a loud sigh. His brothers were talking about the new law passed by the government, the one where there was no Holiday Break at any middle schools and high schools throughout the country.

He hated it. He hated it with every fiber in his being, and for once he had something in common with everyone else.

He grabbed his backpack, and dragged himself after his brothers as they headed to their dreaded day of school. Hopefully the board of education wouldn't be an asshole today, and would make the day one of relaxation. The teachers deserved a break too, after all.

"Is it too late to go home?" Zane asked with a heavy sigh, his voice sounding muffled greatly under the three scarfs around his face.

"We're already here, Zane..." Vylad pointed out, looking at he school building with gloomy eyes.

"Fuck." The emo swore, earning him a harsh look from his older brother. "What?"

"Society, school, corrupting my baby brother with these words." Garroth grumbled, snatching a scarf from Zane.

"Hey!" He cried, glaring at his younger brother as he too ripped a scarf from his neck. "Vylad!"

"It's cold out here, and you took all of the scarfs before we left the house!" Vylad stuck his tongue out, wrapping the warm cloth around his neck. "You look like a damn marshmallow!"

Zane looked down at himself, seeing his heavy winter coat, the sweater beneath it, his sweatpants, and his winter boots. He looked back up at his brothers, who had already headed into the school. Sighing, he dragged himself across the salt covered courtyard and into the school.

The atmosphere was gloomy, it was completely that absolutely no one wanted to be here. Not even the teacher's pets and school geeks wanted to be there. It was a holiday, after all. It was literally Christmas day, and the government was forcing them to be in school. Even the sick people had to come today, but they were nice enough to keep their distance so others wouldn't get sick.

Once Zane got to his locker, he was practically sweating underneath the layers of clothes he had on. It wasn't his fault, his mother made him wear all of it. She would have made him weae even more winter gear, but his father had managed to convince her to tone it down. In his mother's eyes, Zane was a precious child who needed to be protected.

At least I know where Garroth gets it from, Zane thought with a groan. They're both so overprotective....

"You look like a marshmallow." Someone commented from behind him, once Zane had opened his locker.

The freshman let out a heavy sigh, dropping his bag into the locker. He took off his scarf and winter coat, showing his everyday mask underneath. He bent over momentarily to grab something that had fallen out of his locker, a pack of erasers, and in that short time someone managed to bring their hand down on his rear.

Zane shot upright as soon as he felt the contact, his face turning a bright red. He blinked rapidly, clutching the pack of erasers in his hand tightly. He looked behind him, gasping at who he saw.

"G-G-Gene!?" Zane stuttered, his eye widening when he saw the senior standing behind him. "D-Did you....? You didn't see that, did you?"

"Your butt feels nice in my hand." Gene smirked, leaning over Zane menacingly. "I bet it would feel even better without the clothes."

"Why did you do that!?" Zane demanded in a hushed voice, not wanting anyone to hear their conversation.

"I had said something to you, and you ignored me." He answered, shrugging like it was no big deal. "That was the only way I could get you to respond to me."