Tangled

(Disney fan? Oh, yes.)

Once upon a time, there was a kingdom called O'khasis.

It was a wealthy kingdom, the most powerful of all the kingdoms in the land. However, their queen had fallen deathly ill while she was in labor with her second child. In order for the queen to survive, she had to drink the nectar of the Sun's Blossom, a flower from the Sun itself. The flower could do more than heal the queen's illness, it could revert time and keep one young forever.

As the flower cured the queen and let the baby grow healthy, it changed the genes of the child... what should have been the raven black hair of his mother turned into golden blonde, more gold than either his father or older brother. The child had also inherited the healing powers of the flower, but because of this... the prince was kidnapped..

And that is where our story begins.

~~~~

"Gene!"

Zane called out his name, watching in horror as his captor attacked him. It was true, Zane had the ability to heal any wound or illness, and even keep someone young forever... well, more like his hair did, but still.

His captor, the person he had been referring to as his "mother" for all these years, was choking Gene now. The male's wrists had been fractured, with one of them almost permanently broken. He had been stabbed in the side, had broken his leg, and had been stabbed in the shoulder. He was losing the fight, Zane knew it. But his captor wouldn't believe or trust any deal Gene offered to make, but maybe she would listen to Zane... he had to try, for Gene's sake. Even if it meant he would never be free, and would be forced to serve this cruel, greedy woman for the rest of his life.

"Mother, stop!" Zane shouted, fighting against his chains. "If you don't kill him, I'll go with you!!"

"What was that, dear Zane?" His captor asked slowly, turning to face him.

"I'll go with you, wherever you want, as long as you don't kill him, and let me heal him..." He repeated, breathing heavily.

"See? I knew you'd come around.." She laughed viciously, dropping Gene on the ground.

She grabbed the key from around her neck, inserting it into the keyhole of the shackles. As soon as the heavy metal bindings were off of him, Zane ran to Gene's side. He grabbed onto Gene's neck and face, checking for his pulse. He let out a sigh of relief as he felt it, but it was very slow and almost dead. He grabbed onto his overly lengthy golden hair, pressing it onto the wound that had been on his side.

"Z-Za... Zane..." Gene whispered, his voice strained.

"You're gonna be alright, okay? I'm gonna heal you.." Zane responded, applying as muxh as he could.

"Zane... it's too late..." He whispered, a little bit louder.

"No it isn't too late!" He argued, preparing to do the song.

"Can we get it on with? I'm not getting any younger over here!" Zane's captor yelled, stamping her foot on the stone floor of the tower.

"Zane... promise me... something..." Gene coughed out, a bit of blood on his lips.

"What is it?" Zane asked quietly, caressing his cheek.

"That you... won't be mad... at me for... what I do next..." He explained, blinking slowly.

"I could never be mad at you, I promise..." He promised, putting their foreheads together.

Gene leaned forward some more, and their lips connected. At first Zane was shocked, but he gently returned the kiss. He could feel Gene's arm on his back, but he didn't care. He was going to save Gene, even if it meant.. well, he was already going to die someday, wasn't he?