My Android Servant (Part 3)

(Who remembers this and Kidnapping the Prince?

Also, would you guys be upset if I added some Garrance oneshots to this book? I know I have a Garrance oneshot book already, but chances are I'll never update that book again.)

"Gene!!"

Zane cried out as the Android mae hit the wall with a loud thud, making the pictures hanging on it shake and nearly fall to the floor. Gene made no sound, as he wouldn't feel any physical damage since he was an Android. Even so, Zane stepped in front of his Android servant. He may not have been able to do much defensive wise, but he was the only thing standing between his Android and his father.

"Get out of my way, Zane." Garte said to him, looking down at him.

"Dad, please, stop!" Zane pleaded, flinching just a bit. "You don't have to break him!"

"And why is that?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes.

"I.... I haven't been disciplining him for his mistakes like I should have been.." He lied, looking down with his best guilty expression. "I just... Androids are so human-like.... I couldn't hurt him... I'm sorry..."

"Zane...." He sighed, caressing his son's cheek. "You're so much like your mother.. you even believe that Androids are humans... you act like your mother and you learn from me.."

"I do....?" The raven haired asked, looking up.

"But I never taught you how to lie, which is why you're so bad at it." He concluded, before leaving Zane's bedroom.

Zane waited until the door closed to check on Gene. He knelt before the Android, helping him stand up. He checked over him part by part, checking for any damage done. Not much had been done to Gene before Zane walked in, he had only been pushed into the wall.

"Are you alright?" Zane asked him, looking up at the taller Android.

"I'm fine, Zane. Thank you." Gene responded, blinking as he rebooted his systems. "I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm the one who should be sorry." He insisted, hugging Gene tightly.

Gene put his arms around Zane in a comforting hug. He turned on his scent sensors, slightly curious of the shampoo Zane had used this time. The younger male's hair gave a pleasant aroma of sweet strawberries, which must have meant that Zane was using one of his mother's shampoos again.

Zane had selected a panda themed set of pajamas for that night, which Gene found to be quite cute. The pajama top was made of cotton, with long black sleeves. It was buttoned up the center, the torso piece white, as were the sleeve cuffs and pocket flaps. The bottom, collar, and pockets were black. On the chest of the top was a panda face. He wore black pajama pants with white cuffs, and a pair of white slippers with black soles. There was a panda face with ears on the fabric of both the slippers. He also wore a white nightcap with a black rim and pompom sewn to the tip.

"You look cute, Zane." Gene commented, his light starting to turn yellow.

"Thank you, Gene.." Zane replied quietly, blushing lightly.

Gene let out a small hum, leading the raven haired male over to his bed. Zane jumped onto it happily, sliding under the covers. He paused for a moment, before grabbing onto Gene's hand. He was inspecting his palm closely, like there was a priceless masterpiece there, that only he could see.

"You even have lines on your palms..." He whispered, sounding pleased. "I know someone who can read palms, you know..."

Gene felt a small tingle in his mechanical spine as Zane ran his index finger along his palm, performing the actions that would be done for reading a palm. Zane arched his eyebrow, staring at his palm with a newfound intensity. That.... actually made Gene interested. What did his palm say about him? Was it good or bad? Zane never looked at anything or anyone that intensely, unless he had caught one of his brothers doing something shady.

"What does it say?" Gene asked in a low voice, as it was nearing the resting hours of the city.

"I..." Zane began, looking up at him with a blank expression. "I have no idea."

"Wait.... what?" He blinked, momentarily confused.

"You see, the thing is, even though I may know someone who can read palms, I can't actually do it myself..." He admitted, laughing nervously.

"Oh...." He trailed off, seeing how disappointed he looked. "I'm sure we can get you lessons from someone, maybe that person you know."

"Yeah, maybe, but my family says that even if Androids have palms, they don't mean anything..." He sighed, looking at Gene's LED. "Are... Are you actually alive, Gene?"

"I'm not sure, Zane. I think I am, but I'm not sure." He answered, caressing Zane's cheek.

Zane leaned in towards Gene's touch, humming softly. He found a strange comfort in the Android his parents got for him, an unfamiliar feeling inside. It wasn't just one feeling, though. More like a tight knot of multiple emotions he couldn't arrange normally. Trust, care, happiness, friendliness, maybe even a little bit of fear. Was... was he in love?

"What are you doing to my older brother?"

The raven haired male and Android tensed up, looking to the doorway of Zane's room. There stood Vylad, the younger brother of both Garroth and Zane. He was nicer to the Androids, not as nice as Zane, but still not as careless as Garroth.

"Vylad, I thought you were staying at a friend's house tonight..." Zane laughed nervously, sitting up. "Uh... what was his name..?"

"Travis." Vylad answered, raising an eyebrow. "I was, but I decided that I wanted to see your new Android in person. I did just get back from my sports trip, after all."

Gene went into his programmed mode as Vylad walked closer to him, clearly interested in him. It wasn't an awkward kind of interest or a shady kind, it was true interest on what was so special about him. He had come to know that not only did Zane have a small fear of Androids, but he also didn't want a personal servant following him around and doing things for him. No wonder it was a surprise to Vylad. The brunette had only seen him in the background on video chat, and he had been ecstatic to see him in person.

"I still can't believe that you actually agreed to getting an Android, Zane." Vylad commented, lifting up one of Gene's arms. "I thought you would've lost your shit when mom and Garte gave him to you."

"Gene is.... very special." Zane replied, looking at Gene's face. "There's just something about him that I trust... that I like..."

"Really? I bet he was made like that just for you, then." He joked, giving him a grin.

"Maybe, you never know with this family." He added, laughing a bit. "Have you seen Laurance yet? I'm pretty sure he's a bit shorter, and his thighs did look bigger."

"I bet Garroth is enjoying that every night." Vylad sighed, before catching onto what he said. "Wait.... Laurance is back!?"

"Yeah, I don't know for how long though before he gets sent back to CyberLife for repairs and checkup." Zane nodded, sighing with guilt.

"Well, it was great seeing you!" He said, before darting out of the room.

Gene stared after him, blinking as he went back into his freewill mode. He knew from Garroth's boasts, Zane's stories, and from how differently Laurance was treated that the brunette Android was a personal favorite of the family. They didn't all use him for the same purposes, as Garroth used him for much more than just being a personal servant. Still, it kinda hurt to see how eager Vylad was to see Laurance, when he had so much interest in Gene.

Zane pulled him onto the bed, scooting to the side so Gene would have room to lay down. He rested his head on his chest, pulling the blanket over them before closing his eye. Gene pursed his lips, stroking Zane's head and back slowly and calmly.

"Good night, Gene..." Zane whispered, as the lights of the building dimmed down.

"Sleep well, Zane." Gene whispered back, switching his power to a sleep mode.