Chapter 22

Monday December 3, 2018
10:44pm

Anaya had gone home for the night and Nia was catching up on work she missed today. She was downstairs turning out all the lights when someone knocked on the front door.

She opened it revealing Trey who had a busted lip and a bruised face.

"What the fuck happened to you?!". Nia pulled him inside.

"My Dad and I had a fight". He replied.

Nia dragged him to the kitchen and wrapped ice in a cloth.

"What were y'all fighting about?". Nia asked as carefully applied the ice to his eye.

"I told him bout chu and he said I was no good for you and all dis other shit and then he was talking shit bout my mom and how she was a hoe. I know he was drunk and I never knew my Mom but hearing him call ha a hoe made me feel some type a way. So I told him to chill out and go to sleep and he pushed me. So I pushed back and then that's when he punched me and we started fighting. I ended up slamming him on the coffee table and then I left". Trey told her.

Nia didn't know what to say.

"I ain't know where else to go ma. I would've went to Boston but he in his feels bout Jameer and Kyle live all the way in Calabasas and I ain't driving that far. But I need you right nah, you got me?". He looked Nia in the eye.

"I always got chu". Nia responded not looking away.

Trey could sense Nia wasn't playing around.

"Let's go". Nia handed him the ice pack.

He got off the counter and followed her upstairs.

They got to Nia's room and she opened the door. Books were all over the bed and papers were scattered everywhere. Her laptop was opened and on.

"Damn bae how much work you missed". He chuckled.

"Classwork and homework". Nia rolled her eyes poking her lip out.

"Don't poke that lip out less you want me to bite it". He smirked.

"Maybe that's what I want". Nia smirked.

Trey's mouth dropped open.

Nia busted out laughing.

"Nah I'm playing but forreal tho like this shit is annoying". Nia sighed.

"Lemme see". Trey looked at an assignment.

He scanned it for a few seconds.

"Is this even English?". He questioned making Nia laugh.

"Yes babe. It's old English". Nia laughed.

"Nah do niggas back den was gooks.  The fuck is a betwixt and a afore?". He questioned making Nia laugh so hard tears came out of her eyes.

"Anyway, what happened between Anaya and Jameer?". He asked.

"They still not talking. I thought once we got here, Anaya would see that Jameer was just tryna get her to understand that ole boy was using her but I guess it's just gonna take some more time". Nia explained.

"Damn. And Boston fucked up over Jameer. He ain't been to football practice in a week and he missed two games". Trey shook his head.

"Jameer has her reasons". Nia didn't want to say too much.

"I know y'all got this lil girl code shit but, come on you gotta tell me something". He pleaded.

"No. I promised Jameer I wouldn't say nothing. Cause I know soon as I tell you, somehow it's gon make it back to Boston". Nia cocked her head to the side.

"Listen, Boston is tore up ova this. I ain't neva seen him like this bout any female. We need to help him". Trey pleaded.

"Ok. Jameer's ex, Devin is getting out this week. And she broke up with Boston to protect him from Devin. Devin is a dope pusher and he rep the Red Spades". Nia informed Trey.

Trey was speechless.

"That's crazy". Trey shook his head.

"I'm tired". Nia yawned.

"Same. Les go to sleep". Trey smirked.

"No! I'm serious we going to sleep". Nia put her laptop on her nightstand.

She put all her books and papers away and turned out the light.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you". Nia blurted into the darkness.

"Don't be. I get to be closer to you cause of it". Trey replied.

"I just wish it didn't have to be like this. Your a good person and you deserve so much better". Nia continued.

"It's fine babe. I'mma figure something out. Just go to sleep". Trey mumbled as sleep took over him.

*

Tuesday December 4, 2018
7:43am

"Boo wake up". Nia shook Trey awake.

"Hmm". Trey grabbed Nia's waist and rolled over, trapping her under him.

"Stooop. We gon be late". She giggled.

"That's fine wit me". He mumbled in her neck.

Nia attempted to push Trey off but he was too heavy.

"Come on baby girl you knew that wasn't gon work". Trey smirked.

"See you not even sleep no more so get up so we can go to school". Nia hit the side of Trey's head.

"Ow damn Nia hitting me like I'm yo son". Trey got up rubbing the side of his head.

"Good! Now that chu up get dressed and let's go". Nia threw him a towel and a disposable toothbrush.

Trey disappeared into Nia's bathroom.

Nia did her hair and laid her edges.

By the time she was done, Trey came out and was dressed.

"Let's go". He sighed.

Nia kissed his cheek.

"See that was not that hard". Nia smiled.

"Man you lucky I like yo ass". Trey groaned.

"Correction you love me". Nia giggled.

Trey lowkey did love Nia but he wasn't ready to admit it yet. He had never felt this way about another girl before.

"I guess you could say that". He chuckled.

"Exactly now let's go". Nia kissed him.

They got in the car and drove to school already late.

*
12:10pm

Lunch had now started and the group was now sitting at their usual table. Boston still was bitter about the breakup between him and Jameer but he did eventually learn to ignore her.

"Hey y'all". Nia smiled walking toward the table.

She kissed Trey's cheek and hugged Kyle, Jameer, and Boston.

"So I heard they found Anaya. I know y'all glad". Kyle spoke.

"Yeah. But she was mad tripping yesterday". Jameer shook her head.

"She's just going through a lot right now". Nia defended.

"Ok. And where was she when we was going through a lot tryna find her? Boo'd up wit some nigga that's way to old to even be thinking bout dating a girl like her". Jameer snapped.

"Ok first of all he was 23 and second of y'all you do have a point. We all could have done things better but the only thing we can do now is move on and make sure nothing like this happens again". Nia tried to help the situation.

"Whatever". Jameer waved Nia off.

Nia hoped her friends could get it together because now more than ever they needed to stick together.