Chapter 42

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

7:23 AM

Nia woke up feeling exceptionally happy, she was going into the New Year with a new boyfriend, the same friends, and she even got to reunite a family.

"Merry Christmas". Nia's Mom smiled wide.

"Merry Christmas Momma". Nia hugged her Mom.

"Your gift is outside". Nia's Mom smirked.

Nia didn't even put on any shoes. She went outside and a black Volkswagen Jetta sat outside.

"Oh my God! Yaaasss this is the littest Christmas evaaaaa". Nia cheered.

"Here ya go"Her Mom threw her the keys.

Nia got inside and started the car.

"Thanks Mommy". Nia got out almost tackling her Mom.

"Now you have to give me something". Her Mom face grew stern.

"I did. Your necklace was on your bed you didn't see it?". Nia questioned.

"Yes. I got my necklace and it was very beautiful BUT I want you to go see your Father". Her Mom replied making Nia make a stank face.

"Ma you know how I feel bout him". Nia groaned.

"I know but do it for me. Please". Her Mom pleaded.

"Fine. I'll have breakfast with him". Nia rolled her eyes.

"Thank you and be respectful and nice". Her Mom warned.

"No promises". Nia sighed going back inside.

She took a shower and got dressed.

"You look beautiful. He is waiting for you at the IHop by your school". Her Mom kissed her cheek.

Nia grabbed her purse and car keys.

"Have fun!". Her Mom called after her as she went out the door.

Nia drove to the IHop blasting X by Kendrick Lamar.

See pulled up and got out.

She went inside and the host smiled at her.

"Good morning how many will you be dining with today?"

"I am actually meeting someone". Nia looked around and spotted her Dad.

She walked over to him and sat down.

"Good Morning Nia. I haven't seen you in a while. Avoiding your poor old Father?". He spoke.

"Nah. Just avoiding confrontation is all". Nia sighed.

"I'm the confrontation?". Her Father looked shocked.

"Yes. Because you feel as though if I don't act a certain way or I don't dress a certain way it's an automatic one way trip to hell. And God don't work like that. Not everybody gonna want to be a Christian as soon as we get out the womb. Was it not you who said God gave us the choice to choose to the world or him? But yet if I don't dance to the beat of your tune you wanna lock me up and throw away the key