Chapter 28

Thursday December 13, 2018

12:02pm

Nia and Trey hadn't talked in a week. And the group was starting to feel the tension. It was now lunchtime and everybody was sitting at the lunch table, even Nia and Trey. Boston and Jameer were now working on getting back to where they were, so the tension wasn't that bad.

Nia felt the tension and could no longer take it so she got up and walked off. Jameer and Anaya ran after her.

"Nia? What's wrong". Jameer questioned.

"I'm so sick of the bullshit bruh, like every time I turn around its something and this time Trey think I'm messing round wit Boston". Nia revealed.

"Messing round with Boston?". Jameer frowned.

"Boston called me around ten something last week and Trey picked up my phone. He went off on me, I went back off and we broke up basically". Nia recounted.

"Why don't you just try talking to him?". Jameer questioned.

"I've been tryna talk wit him all week but he keep ducking and dodging me and when I text him he don't even open my texts". Nia replied.

She pulled out her phone showing Jameer.

"I think we should set something up". Anaya planned.

"What chu mean?". Jameer asked.

"OK, here's the plan, you tell Boston to tell Trey that he's having a lil kickback between the boys tonight. And then Nia will go over there and then he has no choice but to talk to her". Anaya planned.

"That sounds like a good ass plan". Nia agreed.

"Ok, I'll text you when everything is set up". Jameer looked up to Nia.

"Thanks y'all, for everything". Nia hugged Jameer and Anaya.

Lunch was finally over and Nia went back to class, hopeful that tonight went well.

*

It was finally time for tonight's plan to take place and Nia was getting dressed. She was so nervous. 

"Stop worrying everything is gonna be fine". Jameer took the makeup brush from Nia's shaky hands.

"I know but I just want everything to go good or at least fine to a point where me and Trey can get back together and just move on from this". Nia sighed.

Jameer finished Nia's makeup and they got ready to go.

"How do I look?". Nia asked.

"You look beautiful now lets go". Jameer walked Nia to the front door.

They got in Jameer's car and drove with the radio playing to Boston's house. The closer they got the more sick Nia felt.

"I can't do this Jameer. I just can't". Nia whined.

"Listen to me, do you want to be the great girlfriend who loves her boyfriend, or the cheating ex girlfriend who never cheated in the first place?". Jameer tried to give Nia tough love.

"Ok, I can do this". Nia got out the car.

"Good luck babe, call me if you need me". Jameer smiled.

Nia nodded and walked up the front steps of the house.

"Come on Nia, we need to do this". She gave herself a pep talk.

She knocked on the door and for a minute no one answered.

Then Trey finally answered the door.

He looked down at her and his face turned cold.

"I'm out". He sucked his teeth.

"Trey listen to me, I need to talk to you". Nia walked quickly after him.

She attempted to grab his arm but he snatched it away.

He got in his car and Nia began hitting the window.

"Please talk to me". Nia begged.

He started the car and Nia threw her purse down and ran in front of the car.

"Bruh get out the way". Trey spat.

"Get out the fucking car so we can talk". Nia yelled.

"I ain't got shit to say to you bro we finished". He shook his head.

"I'M NOT MOVING UNTIL YOU GET OUT THE FUCKING CAR AND TALK TO ME". Nia screamed at the top of her lungs.

Trey sucked his teeth and got out the car.

Nia sighed.

Before she knew it Trey had picked her up and was trying to move her out the way. Nia began kicking and hitting Trey.

"Put me down you fucking asshole". Nia exclaimed.

Out of  breath Trey abruptly sat her down and she went back to the car.

"GET THE FUCK OUT MY WAY YO". Trey boomed, getting in her face.

"FUCK YOU TREY. NEVER IN MY FUCKING LIFE HAVE I EVER CHASED A DUDE DOWN JUST TO FUCKING TALK TO HIM. I DON'T DO THIS CHASIN SHIT BUT I DO IT FOR YOU BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU AND NOW YOUR ACCUSING ME OF CHEATING ON YOU WIT BOSTON, YET YOUR ALL BUDDY BUDDY WIT HIM BUT I'M STILL ON THE OUTSIDE. NOT TO FUCKING MENTION I DIDN'T CHEAT IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE". Nia screamed.

"He called me to tell me him and Jameer had got back together. But you know what Trey, I don't wanna be in a relationship where I can't fucking explain myself or I have to fucking jump in front of cars and shit just to get you to listen to me, I love you Trey, and the fact that it took us to get here for me to admit it, is just too much for me". Nia waved him off.

"Nia wait". Trey grabbed her.

"Please, I don't wanna be over, I want this I really do". He spoke.

"This relationship is headed no where Trey! If you question me as yo girl and you can't trust me wit yo friends I don't want to be here. Just give me some space". Nia got out of his grip and turned walking down the street where Boston was playing basketball.

"Oh shit Nia you good?" Boston questioned a now crying Nia.

"Can you please just take me home?". She asked tears running down her face.

"Yeah, come on". He walked her to his car.

They got in the car and Boston drove Nia home.

"Nia if you wanna talk then we can but if not you know I'm here. I know you probably think I'mma be biased in this whole situation but I know one thing, I'm a good listener". Boston spoke pulling up to her house.

"Thanks Boston but I'm fine. Thanks for the ride". Nia choked out.

She quickly went into her room and threw her purse across the room. She laid in bed and let out a heart wrenching sob. 

Nia's Mom quickly came into the room and turned on the light. She looked at Nia's face and immediately knew. She turned out the light and sat next to Nia and pulled her into her lap. 

She didn't say a word, she just held Nia until she cried herself to sleep.